Name: George Hazard "Hazard" Perry , Sr 1 2 3
Birth: 4 JAN 1757 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
Death: 22 FEB 1825 in Lee, Oneida County, NY, USA
Burial: Lee, Oneida County, NY, USA
Reference Number: 15071
1. In secondary records this man was referred to as "Hazard" Perry. H is kinsman Hazard of John of Charlestown also married an Abigail, but some what later, 1800, so there may be some confusion in the records. It appea rs, however, that George Hazard and his wife went to New York state. T he 1790 census of Whitestown, Montgomery Co., New York, had a household he aded by George H. Perry. Biographies of Dr. George Hazard Perry give h is birthplace as Whitestown, NY, so it is likely that this family lived th ere.
Abigail Chesebrough's sister Mary married Gideon Babcock. They had Richar d, b. 18 Apr. 1781, who married Mary C. Perry. The "Babcock Genealogy" sa ys that she was Mary Christopher Perry, daughter of "Hazard and Abigail ", born and died in So. Brookfield, NY.
The 1850 census of NY, Lee township, Oneida Co., lists a Freeman Perry, fa rmer, age 54, born NY. No wife is shown, but son Gideon, age 21, daught er Mary, 18, and son Samuel, 14, are listed. Next door is the househo ld of George Perry, age 30, born NY, wife Mary and three young sons. The re are only two other Freeman Perrys in the 1850 NY census, one born in M A, age 47, and the other born in NY, age 25.
The will of Freeman (3), dated 1810 says, "....if my son George Hazard Per ry doth remain with me." The entry in Nailer Tom's Diary for 1 July 18 14 (Freeman (3) died Oct 1813) reports Hazard Perry, "sett off for the N ew Country."
All of this suggest that George Hazard and his wife went to Montgomery Co ., NY, shortly after their marriage, ca 1786. Some of their children we re born there. They returned to South Kingston, perhaps around 1800, a nd then went back to NY state in 1814. In 1809 Freeman Perry transferr ed land to George H. and in May 1814 Poladore Gardner sold land in South K ingston to George Hazard.
George left numerous descendants in Kentucky and Manhattan, Kansas.
Father: Freeman Perry b: 23 JAN 1732/33 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
Mother: Mercy Hazard b: 21 JAN 1739/40 in North Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
Abigail Chesebrough b: 26 JAN 1761 in New London, New London County, CT, USA
11 JUN 1786
in Preston, New London County, CT, USA
- John Christopher Perry b: 4 JUL 1787 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
- George Hazard Perry , Jr b: 14 JUN 1789 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
- Mary Christophers Perry b: 3 APR 1792 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
- Freeman Perry b: 4 FEB 1795 in South Brookfield, Madison County, NY, USA
- Harry Chesebrough Perry b: 2 FEB 1798 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
- Gideon Babcock Perry b: 11 OCT 1800 in South Kingston, Washington County, RI, USA
- Title: Genealogy of the Descendants of William Chesebrough, Founder of Stonington, Ct.
Author: Anna Chesebrough Wildey
Publication: New York: Press of T. A. Wright 1903
Note: Chesebro' Reference Material
Page: pages 326 and 428
- Title: Early Connecticut Marriages Prior to 1800: As Found on Ancient Church Records Prior to 1800
Author: Frederic W. Bailey
Publication: 7 vols. New Haven, Conn.: Bureau of American Ancestry, 1896- 1906.
Note: Chesebro' Reference Material
Page: page 50
- Title: Scott (Alexander) Family Records
Author: Alexander "Sandy" Perry Scott
Note: 4317 Polk Street,
Houston, TX 77023-1823
email@example.com (home) - firstname.lastname@example.org (work)
Note: Chesebrough Source File and GEDCOM