Name: George COWAN
Given Name: George
Birth: 2 DEC 1695 in Saltoun (E.Loth) Scotland
Death: 14 DEC 1775 in Crail,Fife Scotland
Coachman, later "do-er" or factor, to General Davit Scot of Scotstarvit tower near Cupar, Fife
Change Date: 6 JUL 2003 at 00:20:04
lived at Barns, near Crail, and worked the neighbouring farm of Sypsics.
George Cowan, born at Saltoun 2nd December, 1695.
He, as factor for David Scot, lived at Barns. Barns is a very old house, high and narrow, with a red tile roof and an old doocot near it, still standing  about a mile to the west of Crail. It belonged formerly to the Cunninghams of Barns, one of whom, Isabella, was engaged to the poet Drummond, of Hawthornden, but died before the marriage. Her tombstone is in the entry to the vestry, Crail Church.
Father: Charles COWAN b: 1637 in Saltoun,Scotland
Mother: Marion ALLAN b: 3 SEP 1637 in Saltoun,Scotland
Isobel GOW b: in Caithness,Scotland
20 MAY 1727
- Lucy COWAN b: 1728 in Scotland
- David COWAN b: 1730 c: in Kilrenny,Fife,Scotland
- George COWAN b: 1731 c: in Kilrenny,Fife,Scotland
- John COWAN b: 1733 c: in Crail,Fife,Scotland
- Charles COWAN b: JUN 1735 c: in Crail,Fife Scotland
- Margaret COWAN b: 1739 c: in Kilrenny,Fife,Scotland
- Murray COWAN b: 1741 c: in Crail,Fife,Scotland
- Murray COWAN b: 1742