Kings Highway

Entries: 93820    Updated: 2014-05-25 00:23:12 UTC (Sun)    Contact: unknown but willing

Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Public Profile | Add Post-em

  • ID: I7294
  • Name: John H. NOLES
  • Sex: M
  • Birth: Abt 1840 in Georgia
  • Death: Bef 1890
  • Note:

    John Noles is enumerated in the household of Samuel and Sarah Noles in the 1850 12th Division, Cass (now Bartow) County, Georgia Census, taken 23 September 1850. John's age was given as 10 years and born in Georgia.

    John H. and Rebecca Noles are enumerated in the 1860 Eastern Division, P.O. Big Springs, Marshall County, Alabama Census. His age is given as 19 years and born in Georgia.

    John and Elizabeth Noles are listed in the 1880 Winston County Census. His age is given as 39 years and born in Georgia. This Census was taken in Township 12, Range 8, of Winston County, taken 14 June 1880 (Vol. 23, E.D. 288, Sheet 1). John Noles, who is listed in dewelling #108, family #110, is only 7 dwellings away from Thomas, his brother, who is listed in dwelling #101, family #103. John indicated his father came from North Carolina and mother from South Carolina. Looks like John moved around a great deal, in that he has children who were born in Georgia, Alabama and Arkansas.

    During the beginning of the Civil War, November and December, 1861 in Winston County, a group of Unionists were preventing the Confederate supporters from forming and drilling militia companies. The Confederate supporters formed a committee and petitioned Governor John Gill Shorter for help in suppressing and strangulating the disloyalty and rebellion in Winston County. The following were a part of that 18 man committee; J.T. Noles, Samuel Noles, and Joseph Noles(, page 82-85). Is the J. T. Noles our John Noles?

    John T. Noles joined the First Alabama Cavalry, 24 July 1862 in Huntsville, Alabama for 3 years. It indicated he was 19 years old, born in North Carolina and a farmer. He was wounded in action and a POW 1 May 1863 in Blountsville, Alabama. Is this the same J. T. Noles above and our John?

    The land records in Huntsville indicate that a John Noles entered an Original Homestead Entry 14 October 1891 for the following land in Winston County; SWNE, Section 6, Township 12 South, Range 8 West; N1/2NE, Section 6, Township 12 South, Range 8 West; and SENW, Section 6, Township 12 South, Range 8 West. It also shows Rebecker E. Noles received title to this same land on the same date. Not sure what this means. Had John died and she got the title or did both received title to the land? The land is near Poplar Springs, Winston County, Alabama.
  • Change Date: 26 JUL 2005 at 05:03:51

    Father: Samuel NOLES b: 17 JUN 1801 in Rowan County,North Carolina
    Mother: Sarah "Sallie" ROBERTSON b: Abt 1812 in South Carolina

    Marriage 1 Rebecca Elizabeth CONWAY b: Abt 1841 in Georgia
      1. Has Children Mary Ann E. NOLES b: Abt 1859 in Alabama Or Georgia
      2. Has Children Sarah Susan 'Sallie' NOLES b: Abt 1864 in Georgia
      3. Has Children William Samuel NOLES b: DEC 1865 in Georgia
      4. Has Children Thomas Louis NOLES b: 6 SEP 1866 in Georgia
      5. Has Children Francis L. 'Frankie' NOLES b: SEP 1868 in Alabama
      6. Has Children Florance L. NOLES b: 9 MAY 1870 in Georgia Or Alabama
      7. Has Children Rosa Lee 'Rosalie' NOLES b: 1 OCT 1875 in Birmingham,Jefferson County,Alabama
      8. Has Children John Henry NOLES b: 11 MAR 1879 in Birmingham,Jefferson County,Alabama
      9. Has Children Lena Edna NOLES b: 16 FEB 1882 in Alabama
    • We want to hear from you! Take our WorldConnect survey

      Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Public Profile | Add Post-em

      Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Version Search Ancestry Search Ancestry Search WorldConnect Search WorldConnect Join Today! Join Today!

      WorldConnect Home | WorldConnect Global Search | WorldConnect Help, Inc. is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. If you have a problem with a particular entry, please contact the submitter of said entry. You have full control over your GEDCOM. You can change or remove it at any time.