Name: Ludwig Jauch
Sex: M 1
Birth: 29 MAR 1834 in Deißlingen, Württemberg, Germany
Death: AFT 1880 in Illinois, United States?
Change Date: 1 JUL 2016
Deisslingen familienbuch indicates no further record after birth.
1. New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 > 1852 > June > 07 > Herrman
L. Jauch, 19 [no other Schwenningen-area surnames on page]
2. Louis Jauch, 19 years of age from Wurttemberg, arrived in the U.S. on April 3, 1854 on the ship ?Wm. Nelson?. No other Schwenningers on this page.
In 1880 census find this:
Louis [Ludwig?] JAUCH, b. 1834 Wurttemberg; identified as married, but wife (born KY) is not enumerated with him in the 1880 census. In 1880, found as farmer in Irishtown, Clinton Co., IL (p. 441D) with sons:
* William E. Jauch, b. 1875 IL
* Louis B. Jauch, b. 1877 IL
* Hayes Jauch, b. 1878 IL
* John A. Jauch, b. 1879/80 IL (6 mos old)
First cousin of Ludwig Jauch, b. 1839 (Jillaine Smith's ancestor) who emigrated to Buffalo in 1867.
Did he marry Anna Haller?
Father: Johannes Jauch b: 1 JUL 1804 in Deißlingen or Schwenningen, Württemberg, Germany
Mother: Anna Jaeckle b: 21 JUL 1805 in Schwenningen, Württemberg, Germany
- Type: E-Mail Message
Author: Rose Schiller
Title: Email correspondence - Rose Schiller
Location: Email archives of Jillaine Smith (jillainedc AT yahoo.com)
Page: Email of 25 August 2004