Name: Mary Ann Baker
Given Name: Mary Ann
Birth: ABT 1819 in London, England
Death: 9 Dec 1890 in Sydney, NSW
Burial: Camperdown, NSW
Change Date: 3 Oct 2009 at 16:43:56
SWADLING, MARY A
1802. SARAH MASTERMAN and MARY BAKER were indicated for stealing on the 27th of July, 1 pair of shoes, value 1s. 4d.; the goods of Edward Hargrave.
EDWARD HARGRAVE. I live in Church-street, Bethnal-green, On Monday evening the 27th of July-?I received information which induced me to examine, and I missed one pair of shoes from my stall; they have not been found since.
HENRY QUINTON. I am the son of John Quinton, of Old Nicholl-street. On the afternoon of the 27th of July, I was at the corner of Club-row, and saw the two prisoners together-?I saw Masterman take the shoes from the prosecutor's stall, and Baker took them from her-?I knew Baker before.
Masterman's Defence. I did not take them; I did not see any.
Baker's Defence. I was at work, and was not there.
MASTERMAN? GUILTY. Aged 14.? Confined one Month.
BAKER ?? GUILTY. Aged 15.? Transported for seven years.
IMMIGRATION: Baker, Mary; *M; arr 1836 via Henry Wellesley (1); tried CCC 1835; 7 yrs; aged 15
John Swadling b: ABT 1818 in England
7 Jun 1842
in Hunter's Hill, NSW
Swadling, John; 24; via Hercules II (3); 7 yrs; Free
Baker, Mary Anne; 21; via Henry Wellesley (1); 7; Bond
1842; married by Turner in Cumberland
Marriages solemnized in the Parish of Hunter's Hill in the County of Cumberland, NSW
John Swadling of the parish of St James', Sydney, bachelor and
Mary Ann Baker of this parish, spinster
were married in this Church by Banns
with consent of H.E. the Governor this seventh
day of June in the year 1842
by me George E. Turner, chaplain
This marriage was solemnized between us
John Swadling his x mark
Mary Ann Baker her x mark
in the presence of
John Thomas his x mark of Sydney
James A. Douglas of Hunter's Hill
- John Swadling c: 1840 in Sydney, NSW
- Thomas William Swadling b: 1 May 1843 in Phillip St, Sydney, NSW c: 2 Jul 1843 in St James CE, Sydney
- James Swadling b: 10 Jul 1844 in Phillip St, Sydney, NSW c: 8 Sep 1844 in St James CE, Sydney
- Emma Swadling b: 24 Apr 1846 in Phillip St, Sydney, NSW c: 6 May 1846 in St James CE, Sydney
- Edward Swadling b: 7 Apr 1848 in Sydney, NSW c: 23 Apr 1848 in St James CE, Sydney
- Mary Ann Swadling b: 15 Sep 1850 in Castlereagh St, Sydney, NSW c: 18 Oct 1850 in St James CE, Sydney
- Martha E Swadling b: 15 Jan 1853 in Castlereagh St, Sydney, NSW c: 12 Feb 1853 in St James CE, Sydney