Name: Eunice Sophia Tompkins
Birth: ABT 1828 in Greene county, New York
Death: NOV 1868 in Accord, Ulster county, New York
Info Thanks to Gary Dufel--
After Jacob was killed in the Civil War, Sophia married Jeremiah Smith. Who murdered her in Nov. 1868 a rather gruesome crime that took place near Accord, New York. Jeremiah kidnapped her minor children and escaped, eventually releasing the three children in Ohio. Newspaper accounts in Dec. state there was no trace of him. No account of him being captured. It is not known where Sophia w as buried-- her body was not identified at the time of burial, it was exhumed for identification. Probably buried in an unmarked grave at Accord Cem. Accord, New York....
Jacob Jacobus Hornbeck b: 1817 in New York
in Chapman's Hotel, Prattsville, New York (7 children)
- Olive Hornbeck b: 8 AUG 1847 in ulster county, N.Y.
- Sarah A. Hornbeck b: 6 JUN 1849 in Ulster county, New York
- Eleazer Hornbeck b: 9 NOV 1851 in Ulster county, New York
- Eugene Hornbeck b: ABT 1854 in New York
- Mary A. Hornbeck b: 19 JUN 1857 in Sundown, Ulster county, New York
- Leonard Hornbeck b: 19 JAN 1860 in Low's Cornor, Ulster county, New York
- Rosalie Hornbeck b: ABT 1864 in Ulster county, New York
Jeremiah Smith b: in Neversink, Ulster countym N,Y