Name: Mary Elizabeth HAYES
Birth: 1790 in Cheraw District, Chesterfield, Darlington & Marlboro Counties, South Carolina
Death: 1870 in Kirkland, Henry County, Alabama
Census: 1790 Cheraw District SC Fed Census (Chesterfield, Darlington & Marlboro Counties)
Census: 1810 Brunswick Co NC Fed Census
Census: 1830 Dale County, AL Federal Census; Microfilm M19, Roll 3, Page 218
Census: 1850 Henry County, AL Federal Census
Census: 1860 Henry Co AL Fed Census, Kirkland PO, Beat #11, Series M653-11, Shts 191 & 192, Pgs 191 & 192
Census: 1870 Henry County, AL Federal Census; page unknown
Note 1860 Age 60 yrs, born SC, widowed, h/h, white, male; ELIZABETH ALLEN
Note 1870 Living with George & Mary Jane "Martha" Allen NEWTON (m. 5/12/1858 Henry Co, AL); "Mrs. Elizabeth ALLEN" age 80, born South Carolina.
Burial: 1870 Henry County, Alabama
Letters of Administration 1825 Henry County, Alabama; Orphan Court Records issued to Mrs. Mary Keith
Occupation: 1860 Farmer
Reference Number: IND2418
JONAH KEITH and MARY ELIZABETH HAYS are my 4th great biological paternal g randparents.
1850 Henry County, AL Federal Census (page unknown)
ALLEN, Noah 70, Elizabeth 50, Amos 17, Nancy 15, Elisabeth 14, Noah 11, Ch arlotte 9.
Mrs. Elizabeth Hays Keith married NOAH ALLEN on May 11, 1826 in Henry Coun ty, AL. Even though he is not listed in the 1830 Federal Census, we belie ve the NOAH ALLEN died Bet. 1850-1860 in Henry County, AL (unproven ). He is listed in the 1850 Henry Co, AL Federal Census. NOAH could have d ied in or during the War Of Northern Aggression (so-called Civil War).
Henry County (Alabama) Orphan's Court Records, Jan. 31, 1825: Lette rs of Administration issued to Mary Keith for the Estate of Jonah Keith, d eceased.
Feb. 6, 1832 - Letters of Administration issued to David H. Newton for t he Estate of Jonah Keith.
Feb. 28, 1832 - David H. Newton is given permission by the courts to se ll off the remaining estate of Jonah Keith consisting of a few household i tems and furnishings.
Father: Gilbert HAYES b: 1759 in North Carolina
Mother: [--?--] b: BET 1740 AND 1775
Jonah KEITH b: 1774 in Brunswick County, North Carolina
in Cheraw District, South Carolina
- [Daughter] KEITH b: BET 1804 AND 1810 in Brunswick County, North Carolina
- [Son] KEITH b: BET 1804 AND 1810 in Brunswick County, North Carolina
- Elizabeth KEITH b: 8 MAR 1814 in Georgia
- David Hayes KEITH b: 1815 in North or South Carolina
- Martha Ann "Mary" KEITH b: 2 SEP 1819 in Henry County, Alabama
Noah ALLEN b: ABT 1780 in Brunswick County, North Carolina
11 MAY 1826
in Henry County, Alabama
- Amos "C. S. A." ALLEN b: 31 OCT 1832 in Henry County, Alabama
- John Tillman P. ALLEN b: 1 APR 1833 in Henry County, Alabama
- Noah "C. S. A." ALLEN b: 9 FEB 1834 in Henry County, Alabama
- Nancy ALLEN b: ABT 1835 in Henry County, Alabama
- Elizabeth ALLEN b: ABT 1836 in Henry County, Alabama
- Martha Jane "Mosley" ALLEN b: JAN 1840 in Henry County, Alabama
- Charlotte ALLEN b: ABT 1841 in Henry County, Alabama