Name: Annie DYE 1
Father: Thomas DYE b: 1781 in Cranbury, Middlesex Co., NJ/
Mother: Isabella BONE b: 19 AUG 1801 in PA/
- Author: The Dye Society
Title: The Family of Hans Laurentszen Duyts 1644-1708
Publication: Name: J. Butler of University of Houston, December 1, 1998;
Source Medium: Electronic
Genealogy of the Dye Families since 1644-Data, Documents of Wills, Marriages, etc.
Page: Thomas Dye, son of Ezekiel
Text: Thomas Dye, son of Ezekiel
". . .Thomas married (2) Isabella Bone on March 22, 1821 in Renrock, Morgan County, Ohio. She was born on August 9, 1801 in Pennsylvania. Her parents are not known. Isabella died on March 11, 1852 in Renrock, Noble Co., Ohio, at the age of 50, and was buried in Old Renrock Cem, Renrock, Ohio. (see tombstone photo)
Thomas and Isabella had 12 children: NOTE, thirteen are listed?
1.Nancy Underwood Dye married Alexander Combs
2.Samuel W. Dye married (unknown) Buskirk
3.Anthony P. Dye (died in infancy)
4.William S. Dye
5. George Washington Dye married Lydia Bardin and they had 8 children (he died in Kansas)
6. Morgan Jones Dye (served in the Civil War, 62nd Ohio, and died in Missouri....Morgan Dye told the story of having dinner with some of the last remaining Indians in Missouri; eating a stew. One of his hosts advised him to 'be sure and dig deep' in the stew pot - 'there's puppy in the bottom'. (Dogs were used as food as well as companions...) He married Martha Jamison and they had 4 children.
7.Joseph Brannon Dye married Margaret Elder and they had a son Elmer N. Dye (see tombstone photos)
8. Elizabeth Ann Dye married Andrew Howell
9 .Wesley Dye married Nancy McCarty
10. Mary Jane Dye married Charles Parcell.
11. Annie Dye married Paul Hubbard
12. Thomas W. Dye
Thomas Dye "also reared a young Africian American boy named Allen Guy - Al -", whose descendents settled in or near Zanesville.