Name: Nathan James TRACY
Birth: 26 JAN 1834 in Benson, Rutland, Vermont
Death: 4 JUN 1911 in Glens Falls, Warren, New York
Burial: 7 JUN 1911 Pine View Cem., Glens Falls, Warren, New York
Military Service: Sgt. in Capt Jas. H. Wainbridge's Company A of the 2nd Vermont Volunteers
Reference Number: 802190330
A Civil War Veteran. When Lucy died he left the older children with her family and took the two younger girls to live with his parents. He then went off to fight the Civil War.
Personal family knowledge of Mrs. Kay Stiles, Fort Ann, New York.
A book "The Ancestors of Lt. Thomas Tracy of Norwich, Conn." by Lt. Charles Stedman Ripley , published in 1895.
Cemetery records of Pine View Cenetery, Glens Falls, Warren, New York.
Information from Civil War records was a Sgt. in Capt. James H. Walbridge's Company A of the 2nd Vermont Volunteers.
Information taken from Bureau of Pensions, Washington D.C., Eastern Div. No. 452093.
Pictures of this family can be seen on my
Father: Jonathan P. TRACY b: 1810 in Chazy, Clinton, New York
Mother: Rachel RHODES b: ABT. 1813 in Grandville, Washington Co., New York
Lucy Jane GROUT b: 25 MAY 1835 in Stratton, Westminster, Vermont
3 SEP 1854
in Shaftsburry, Bennington, Vermont
- Emma Evangeline TRACY b: 10 AUG 1855 in ,Stratton, Vermont
- Gertrud Sarah TRACY b: 27 MAR 1856 in Stratton, Vermont
- Alzorah Edith TRACY b: 16 JUL 1858 in Westminster, Windham, Vermont District 10
- Mary Adeline TRACY b: 22 JUL 1860 in Westminster, Windham, Vermont
- Edgar F. TRACY b: 1866
- Beryl G. TRACY b: 27 SEP 1874 in Petosky, Emmett, Michigan
Harriet Jane SLOAN b: 24 SEP 1861 in Fort Ann, Washington, New York
7 MAR 1878
in Southway Baptist Church, Fort Ann, Washington Co., New York
J. Melvin Adams officiated
Married in the South Bay Hamlet, Town of Fort Ann by Martin J. Adams.
- Lillian Grace TRACY b: 14 FEB 1879 in Whitehall, Washington, New York
- Herbert S. TRACY b: 11 JAN 1880 in Fort Ann, Washington, New York
- Aubrey Saville TRACY b: 6 JAN 1893 in Whitehall, Washington, New York