Name: Lucy NORRIS
Given Name: Lucy
Birth: 1760 1
Death: 26 Jan 1844 1
Burial: 1844 St Thomas Becket, Chapel-en-le-Frith 2
Memorial 1844 St Thomas Becket, Chapel-en-le-Frith 3
Change Date: 29 May 2002 at 17:02|
James HEALD b: 1758
14 Nov 1780 1 4
- Change Date:
7 May 2001
- John HEALD b: 1782 in Manchester c: 8 Feb 1782 in Unitarian Church (nc) Manchester
- Mary HEALD b: 1783 in Manchester c: 5 Aug 1783 in Unitarian Church (nc) Manchester
- George HEALD b: Abt 1785 in Manchester
- Lucy HEALD b: 1787 in Stockport c: 14 Apr 1787 in High Street Prebyterian Church, Stockport
- Margaret Norris HEALD b: 1789 in Stockport c: 17 Jun 1789 in St Mary, Stockport
- James HEALD b: 1791 in Stockport c: 1 Jun 1791 in St Mary, Stockport
- Eliza HEALD b: 1792 in Stockport c: 28 Dec 1792 in St Mary, Stockport
- Maria HEALD b: Abt 1795 in Stockport
- James HEALD b: 1 Mar 1796 in Portwood, Brinnington, nr Stockport c: 15 Apr 1796 in St Mary, Stockport
- Margaret HEALD b: 1797 in Portwood, Stockport c: 31 May 1797 in St Mary, Stockport
- William Norris HEALD b: 1798 in Stockport c: 18 May 1798 in St Mary, Stockport
- Elizabeth HEALD c: 3 Nov 1799 in St Mary, Stockport
- Eliza Agnes HEALD
- Title: Research by David Norris Heald of Woodford, Cheshire and James Richard (Dick) Heald
Publication: letter, May 1989
- Title: Family vault, St Thomas Becket church, Chapel-en-le-Frith
Publication: Transcription of MIs by Derbyshire Ancestral Research Group, p. 116
Text: C471. Large, panel-sided box tomb, badly overgrown with bramble.
(Large, bold cleanly incised letters)
Within this vault are interred the remains of JAMES HEALD who died on the 16th May 1815 aged 57 years. Also of LUCY HEALD his wife who died on the 26th January 1844 aged 84 years. Also of WILLIAM NORRIS HEALD their son who died on the 11th June 1806 aged 8 years. Also of LUCY MOUNCEY their daughter and wife of DANIEL BURTON-MOUNCEY who died on the 13th July 1823 aged 36 years and of LUCY HEALD MOUNCEY their infant daughter. Also of ANN HEALD wife of GEORGE HEALD the eldest son of JAMES and LUCY HEALD who died on the 30th December 1826 aged 39 years also of their infant children JOHN NORRIS HEALD and MARY PARKER HEALD.
MARIA HEALD, Parrs Wood Didsbury, died March 7th 1866 aged 71 years.
RIGHT SIDE PANEL:
MARGARET HEALD, Parrs Wood Didsbury, died October 26th 1885 aged 88 years.
- Title: Memorial Inscription, inside St Thomas Becket church, Chapel-en-le-Frith
Publication: Transcription by Derbyshire Ancestral Research Group, p. 138
Text: (Situated high above the door in the Chancel South Wall. It is difficult to read without a) the full Chancel lighting on, and b) excellent eyesight. It is a two-tiered plaque, with the inscription on a white marble tablet - square with an apexed roof profile. This is mounted upon a black marble base - again generally square, with an apexed centre top and 'ears').
Sacred to the memory of JAMES HEALD of BRINNINGTON and DISLEY in the COUNTY of CHESTER who died in the faith and hope of the Gospel on the 16th May 1815 in the 58th year of his age. He was a native of this parish and by the guidance and blessing of Divine Providence rose from comparative obscurity to considerable influence and wealth in the prosecution of an extensive business he possessed the confidence and respect of his numerous connections and was distinguished alike for soundness of judgement, great energy and decision of character, untiring diligence, and inflexible integrity. In domestic relations he was a pattern of filial devotedness, of conjugal affection, and of parental tenderness, and he died deeply regretted as he had lived greatly beloved by his family and friends.
Also of his wife LUCY HEALD who died on the 26th January 1844 in the 85th year of her age. She was aperson of remarkable prudence and conscientiousness and both by council and example endeavoured to bring up her children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. She maintained a humble profession of the Christian Faith for nearly seventy years and died trusting in the alone merits of our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life.
"The blessings of the Lord it maketh rich" Pro: Chap X, V. XXII
"Her children arise up and call her blessed" Pro: Chap XXXI, V. XXVII
- Title: International Genealogical Index