Name: Charles Miles
Given Name: Charles
Birth: 8 Sep 1800 in Tennessee
Death: Bet 1870 and 1880 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Descendant Narrative Report here
Change Date: 1 Nov 2013 at 20:53
Other family trees are showing his parents as Major Charles Miles, 1750-1839, and Elizabeth Love, 1755-1806. Unable to access records to confirm at this time.
From before 1830 until after 1850, Charles lived and farmed in Union County, South Carolina. In the 1830 census, he was listed with his wife, 2 boys and 2 girls. In the 1840 census, he and his wife are listed with 5 boys and 4 girls.
At the time of the 1850 Census, October 29, 1850, Charles was a planter. He had real estate valued at $500.. His wife is not listed. Five boys and four girls were still living at home. The youngest was 2/12 old, so he had presumably just lost his wife.
At the time of the 1860 Census, August 19, 1860, Charles had moved the family to Calhoun County, Mississippi (P.O. Bauner). His occupation was shown as what looks like "sharens". Could this be a term for share cropper? He had real estate worth $400, and personal assets of $300. Two sons and a daughter lived with him. Son, Charles Jr, and his new family lived next to him.
At the time of the 1870 Census, July 4, 1870, Charles was still in Calhoun County, Mississippi (P.O. Bauner). His occupation was listed as farmer. He had real estate valued at $400 and personal assets of $800. Three of his children live with him and three grandchildren.
We assume Charles Miles died between 1870 census and 1880 census. His family was listed again in the 1880 census in Colorado County, Texas with James Miles listed as the head of the family
Lucinda Steen b: 19 Jun 1802 in , Union County, South Carolina
- Change Date:
2 Dec 2010
- John Steen Miles b: 5 Aug 1824 in Tennessee
- Margaret C. Miles b: 22 Aug 1826 in South Carolina
- Charles Miles b: 8 Sep 1828 in South Carolina
- Elizabeth S. Miles b: 21 Mar 1830 in South Carolina
- William S. Miles b: 19 Apr 1832 in South Carolina
- Evaline Miles b: 16 Mar 1834 in South Carolina
- Richard Hayes Miles b: 11 Mar 1836 in South Carolina
- Andrew L. Miles b: 2 Mar 1838 in South Carolina
- Anta Penina Miles b: 17 Aug 1840 in South Carolina
- Milton L. Miles b: 30 Jan 1842 in South Carolina
- James Steen Miles b: 18 Oct 1844 in South Carolina
- Leila Patty Miles b: Aug 1850 in South Carolina
- Abbrev: 1830 United States Federal Census
Title: 1830 United States Federal Census
Page: Union, South Carolina, Page: 210; NARA Roll: M19-171; Family History Film: 0022505.
- Abbrev: 1840 United States Federal Census
Title: 1840 United States Federal Census
Page: Union, South Carolina; Roll: 516; Page: 221; Image: 454; Family History Library Film: 0022511.
- Abbrev: 1850 United States Federal Census
Title: 1850 United States Federal Census
Page: Union, South Carolina; Roll M432_859; Page: 52; Image: 352.
- Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census
Title: 1860 United States Federal Census
Page: Calhoun, Mississippi; Roll M653_578; Page: 0; Image: 140.
- Abbrev: 1870 United States Federal Census
Title: 1870 United States Federal Census
Page: Township 11, Calhoun, Mississippi; Roll M593_722; Page: 33 1; Image: 667.
- Abbrev: Descendants of Charles Miles
Title: Descendants of Charles Miles
Author: Denise Preiss
Publication: genealogy report, 16 Sep 2009
Page: Her source was the records of Charles Kerby Miles.
- Abbrev: Villalobos_Lechuga
Author: Patricia Lechuga
Publication: email@example.com, RootsWeb.com Gedcom patlechuga