Name: Anna Laura Miles
Given Name: Anna Laura
Birth: 26 Feb 1884 in , Hamilton County, Texas 1 2 3
Death: 12 Apr 1975 in Brownwood, Brown County, Texas of arteriosclerotic heart disease, congestive heart failure 2 1 4 2
Burial: 14 Apr 1975 Center City Cemetery, Center City, Mills County, Texas 2 5 6 7 3
Death Certificate Image here
FindAGrave Memorial# 49976736
Change Date: 21 Apr 2016 at 18:22
Her social security card was issued in the name of Laura Obenhaus. Her death was reported to the state under the name of Annie Obenhaus. Unsure of the correct order of her names. Listed as Laura A. on 1920 census. Listed as Anna on 1930 census. When her husband Edward gave her name as nearest relative on his WWI draft registration, it was Annie Laura Obenhaus.
Social Security had her last residence as Brownwood, Brown County, Texas. She had lived there 17 years.
Brownwood (RNS) -- Mrs. E.A. (Laura) Obenhaus, 91, of Brownwood died at a local nursing home at 10:10 p.m. Saturday after a long illness. Services will be at 3:30 p.m. Monday in the First Baptist Church.
The Rev. Logan Cummings, pastor, will officiate. Burial will be in Center City Cemetery in Mills County.
Born Feb. 26, 1884, in Mills County, she was a housewife and a member of the First Baptist Church. She had lived in Brownwood 17 years. She married Edward A. Obenhaus in Mills County Jan. 17, 1900. He died in April 1966.
Survivors include six daughters, Mrs. Myrtle Stewart of Grand Prairie, Mrs. Henry Cryer of Temple, Mrs. Duard Howard of San Antonio, Mrs. H. D. Howard and Mrs. O. L. Daniel, both of Brownwood, and Mrs. Wayne Massey of Santa Ana, Calif.; two sons, Ernest of Belton and Pat of Roswell, N.M.; 21 grandchildren, 40 great-grandchildren and five great-great grandchildren.
Father: Charles Harvey Miles b: 3 Apr 1848 in , Union County, South Carolina
Mother: Louisa Jane "Jennie" Grimes b: 30 Mar 1855 in , Bell County, Texas
Edward Arnold Obenhaus b: 16 Jan 1875 in Columbus, Colorado County, Texas
17 Jan 1900
in North Bennett, Mills County, Texas 8 3 9
- Note: They married in Rev. Charles Harvey Miles's home by Rev. D. I. Haralson.
19 Jan 1900 10
- Change Date:
27 Jun 2013
- Myrtle Mae Obenhaus b: 3 Aug 1903 in Texas
- Gustave Victor Obenhaus b: 29 Oct 1905 in Texas
- Ernest Lee Obenhaus b: 12 Sep 1907 in Texas
- Atara Girtie Obenhaus b: 17 Sep 1910 in Texas
- Belva Jane Obenhaus b: 29 Sep 1913 in Texas
- Opal Elizabeth Obenhaus b: 15 Sep 1916 in Texas
- Ruth Pauline Obenhaus b: 7 Jan 1919 in Texas
- Patrick Obenhaus b: 12 Jul 1921 in Texas
- Lolly Obenhaus b: Abt 1924 in Texas
- Bobbie Louise Obenhaus b: 21 Aug 1926 in Goldthwaite, Mills County, Texas
- Abbrev: Social Security Death Index
Title: Social Security Death Index
Publication: Database online
Page: Number: 463-86-2528; Issue State: Texas; Issue Date: 1965.
- Abbrev: Death Certificate
Title: Death Certificate
Publication: Official Document
Page: Certificate Number: 24719
- Abbrev: Obituary of Mrs. E. A. (Laura) Obenhaus
Title: Obituary of Mrs. E. A. (Laura) Obenhaus
- Abbrev: Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
Title: Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
- Abbrev: FindAGrave.com
Page: Memorial# 49976736
- Abbrev: 1920 United States Federal Census
Title: 1920 United States Federal Census
Page: Justice Precinct 1, Mills, Texas; Roll T625_1834; Page: 1A; ED: 165; Image: 314.
- Abbrev: 1930 United States Federal Census
Title: 1930 United States Federal Census
Page: Goldthwaite, Mills, Texas; Roll 2377; Page: 9A; ED: 1; Image: 587.0.
- Abbrev: Mills County Memories
Title: Mills County Memories
Author: Mills County Historical Commission
Publication: Taylor Publishing Company, 1994
Page: page 363
- Abbrev: Mills County, Texas, Marriage Record
Title: Mills County, Texas, Marriage Record
Page: Book 2, 1893-1905, page 212
- Abbrev: Marriage License
Title: Marriage License
Publication: Official Document
Page: Mills County, Texas, Record Book 2