Name: Jacob Brosius
Given Name: Jacob
Birth: 14 Aug 1808 in Maryland
Death: 13 Sep 1878 in , Daviess County, Missouri
Burial: Lile Family Cemetery, Gallatin, Daviess County, Missouri 1 2 3 4 5 6
Alt. Birth 1 Mar 1808 Maryland 7 8
Alt. Death 12 Sep 1878 Gallatin, Daviess County, Missouri 7 9
Change Date: 20 Oct 2012 at 20:05
Note: Birth date is calculated from gravestone inscription. "aged 70 y 6 m 11 d "
1850 census Gallatin Missouri and Brosius Genealogy book at the LDS Genealogy Library in Salt lake City.
1870 Census--White male age 61 born in Maryland, working as a hotel keeper in Hamilton, Caldwell County, Missouri. Listed with Louenza and Daniel.
Father: Jacob Brosius b: 7 Aug 1774 in Pennsylvania
Mother: Marie Eva Meyer b: 19 Feb 1785 in Hurathaas (?), Frederick County, Maryland c: 27 Mar 1785
Louenza Hoblitzell b: 20 May 1812 in , Allegany County, Maryland
14 Sep 1830
in , Allegany County, Maryland 10 7
- Change Date:
2 Dec 2010
- George Washington Brosius b: 30 Jul 1831 in Maryland
- William Henry Brosius b: 18 Mar 1832 in Maryland
- Jonathan M. Brosius b: 8 May 1835 in Maryland
- James Henry Brosius b: 28 Sep 1839 in Maryland
- Mary Louisa Brosius b: 27 Jun 1842 in Maryland
- Ellen Jane "Ella" Brosius b: 14 Nov 1844 in Maryland
- Laura Virginia Brosius b: 2 Apr 1847 in Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland
- Daniel Brosius b: 4 Oct 1850 in Missouri
- Sarah Espa "Eppie" Brosius b: 14 Jun 1853 in , Daviess County, Missouri
- Abbrev: FindAGrave.com
- Abbrev: Tombstone transcription, Lile Cemetery
Title: Tombstone transcription, Lile Cemetery
A transcription of the Lile cemetery was made by Elizabeth Prather Ellsberry for the Gallatin Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution about 1963, Mrs Maurice F. Clyde, State Genealogical Chairman. The printed transcription is put online with the permission of the Gallatin Missouri chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Text: BROSIUS, Jacobd Sep 12 1878, age 79y 6m 11d
- Abbrev: 1850 United States Federal Census
Title: 1850 United States Federal Census
Page: District 27, Daviess, Missouri; Roll M432_398; Page: 365; Image: 209.
- Abbrev: 1870 United States Federal Census
Title: 1870 United States Federal Census
Page: Hamilton, Caldwell, Missouri; Roll M593_763; Page: 139; Image: 279.
- Abbrev: International Genealogical Index (R)
Title: International Genealogical Index (R)
Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Publication: Copyright (c) 1980, 2002
Name: Family History Library
35 N West Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150
Page: data as of March 29, 2010; Film #: 538348
- Abbrev: Brosius Family Tree
Title: Brosius Family Tree
Author: Herbert Willard Brosius
Publication: Brosius 2009 Gedcom
- Abbrev: Genealogy of Henry and Mary Brosius
Title: Genealogy of Henry and Mary Brosius and their descendants with other historical matters connected therewith
Author: Lewis Walton Brosius
Publication: Wilmington ?, Delaware, 1928
Page: page 402
- Abbrev: Tombstone
Page: Birth date is calculated from age at death.
- Abbrev: Tombstone
- Abbrev: Jacob Brosius & Louenza Hoblitzell Family Group Sheet
Title: Jacob Brosius & Louenza Hoblitzell Family Group Sheet
Author: Mrs. W. H.Austin, Jr.
Publication: 15 Nov 1981; cited in Beeler, Anderson et al, RootsWeb.com Gedcom annbee
Name: Ann L. Beeler
233 N. Ave. C
Cross Plains, Texas 76443