Name: Louisa Jane "Jennie" Grimes
Given Name: Louisa Jane "Jennie"
Birth: 30 Mar 1855 in , Bell County, Texas 1
Death: 23 Jul 1908 in Center City, Mills County, Texas 1
Burial: Center City Cemetery, Center City, Mills County, Texas 2 3 4 5 6 7
FindAGrave Memorial# 30685277
Change Date: 7 Nov 2015 at 10:32
On the 1860 census, Louisa was listed as Louis and marked as a male. She was listed correctly after that. By the time of the 1900 census, Louisa had borne 8 children, with 7 still living. 8
Mrs. C. H. Miles
Mrs. C. H. Miles died suddenly at her family home in Caradan community Thursday afternoon. She had not been ill and at the time of her death she and her husband were seated on the gallery at their home, when she suddenly expired. Only a few days ago she and Rev. Miles returned from a visit to relatives in the southern part of the state and she was apparently in good health. There was no one at the house to give assistance to the bereaved husband and he kept the silent watch for several hours alone until neighbors learned of the sad occurance and gave help and comfort to him.
Mrs. Miles was a devout Christian and was held in the highest esteem by all who knew her and her death was a great shock to the friends and neighbors of the family and carried grief to many hearts.
The Goldthwaite Eagle, 24 Jul 1908
Father: Lewis Payton Grimes b: 25 Dec 1827 in , Maury County, Tennessee
Mother: Amanda Caroline Hilliard b: 9 Nov 1828 in Mississippi
Charles Harvey Miles b: 3 Apr 1848 in , Union County, South Carolina
31 Oct 1872
in Moffat, Bell County, Texas 9
- Change Date:
2 Dec 2010
- Sarah Carolina "Sallie" Miles b: 15 Aug 1874 in , Bell County, Texas
- Alice Beulah Miles b: 2 Sep 1877 in Moffat, Bell County, Texas
- Frances "Fannie" Miles b: 16 Aug 1879 in Texas
- Mary Elizabeth "Mamie" Miles b: 3 Jul 1882 in Texas
- Anna Laura Miles b: 26 Feb 1884 in , Hamilton County, Texas
- Eva Lula "Evie" Miles b: 16 Feb 1886 in , Hamilton County, Texas
- Charles Harvey Miles b: 9 Jul 1888 in Texas
- Harvey Carroll Miles b: 6 Mar 1890 in , Mills County, Texas
- Abbrev: Tombstone
- Abbrev: FindAGrave.com
Page: Memorial# 30685277
- Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census
Title: 1860 United States Federal Census
Page: Bell, Texas; Roll M653_1288; Page: 308; Image: 141.
- Abbrev: 1870 United States Federal Census
Title: 1870 United States Federal Census
Page: Beat 5, Bell, Texas; Roll M593_1575; Page: 93; Image: 185.
- Abbrev: 1880 United States Federal Census
Title: 1880 United States Federal Census
Page: Hamilton, Texas; Roll T9_1308; Family History Film: 125530 8; Page: 380.1000; ED: 70
- Abbrev: 1900 United States Federal Census
Title: 1900 United States Federal Census
Page: Justice Precinct 2, Mills, Texas; Roll T623_1659; Page: 15 B; ED: 112.
- Abbrev: Fisher and Grimes Ancesters
Title: Fisher and Grimes Ancesters
Author: John Merrill Fisher
Publication: firstname.lastname@example.org, RootsWeb.com Gedcom fishers-and-kin
- Abbrev: The Goldthwaite Eagle
Title: The Goldthwaite Eagle
Page: 24 Jul 1908
- Abbrev: Descendants of Charles Miles
Title: Descendants of Charles Miles
Author: Denise Preiss
Publication: genealogy report, 16 Sep 2009
Page: Her source was the records of Charles Kerby Miles.