Name: Mary Jane Blanton
Given Name: Mary Jane
Birth: 23 May 1838 in Tellico Plains, Monroe County, Tennessee 1
Death: 14 Nov 1904 in Crews, Runnels County, Texas of pneumonia
Burial: Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Mills County, Texas 2 3 4 5 6 7
Change Date: 18 Jul 2011 at 09:34
Mary's age was reported as 13 on the 1850 census. Mary's age was incorrectly reported as 35 on the 1870 census. On the 1880 census, Mary listed her father's birthplace as North Carolina, her mother's as Tennessee. On the 1900 census, she listed both parents as born in Tennessee. By 1900, she had borne 10 children with 9 still living.
Mrs. Bradley Dead
Monday morning at 11 o'clock Mrs. Mary Bradley, wife of Mr. J. W. Bradley, died at the home of her daughter at Crews, Runnels county, after a short illness with pneumonia.
Mrs. Bradley was born in Monroe county, Tenn., and was reared in that state. She was married to Mr. Bradley in 1855 and they moved to Texas in 1879 and located in Travis county. In 1885 they moved to the Star neighborbood, where they continued to reside until a few months ago, when they sold their home and moved temporarily to Crews until they could decide on another location. She was the mother of J. W. Bradley and Mrs. C. W. Schwarz of Crews, Mistresses J. R. Lee, Frank Soules, W. E. Reid, W. S. Street, Wm. Brown and Messrs Jas. and Burrel Bradley, all of this county, all of whom were at her bedside when she died, save Mrs. Brown, who was unable to be there, and they were all at her funeral at Pleasant Grove Cemetery Wednesday afternoon.
Mrs. Bradley was a devoted member of the Missionary Baptist church, having united with that denomination in her early youth and lived a consistent member. She was held in high esteem and loving memory by all who knew her as was strongly evidenced by the large attendence at her funeral and the beautiful floral offerings placed in and around the grave.
To the grieving husband and children and other relatives the Eagle extends sincere sympathy.
Father: Burrell Bradford Blanton b: 20 Aug 1810 in North Carolina
Mother: Mary Caroline "Polly" Tate b: 1810 in Virginia
James Walter Bradley b: 28 Mar 1831 in Tellico Plains, Monroe County, Tennessee
3 Jan 1856
in , Monroe County, Tennessee 1
- Change Date:
2 Dec 2010
- Laura Emily Bradley b: 13 May 1858 in , Monroe County, Tennessee
- Martha Caroline Bradley b: 30 Jun 1860 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee
- Florence A. Bradley b: 13 Feb 1862 in Tennessee
- John Marshall Bradley b: 9 Oct 1864 in Tennessee
- Mary Ethel Bradley b: 16 Sep 1867 in Tellico Plains, Monroe County, Tennessee
- William Eligah Bradley b: 4 Dec 1869 in Tennessee
- Sarah Margaret "Sally" Bradley b: 16 Dec 1871 in Madisonville, Monroe County, Tennessee
- James Walter "Jim" Bradley b: 9 Nov 1873 in , Monroe County, Tennessee
- Jenetta M. "Nettie" Bradley b: 20 May 1876 in Tennessee
- Burrell Cary Bradley b: 4 Jun 1878 in Tennessee
- Abbrev: William Ellis Reid Bible
Title: William Ellis Reid Bible
Publication: in possession of Sammy Bruce Reid
- Abbrev: 1850 United States Federal Census
Title: 1850 United States Federal Census
Page: District 13, Monroe, Tennessee; Roll M432_891; Page: 77; I mage: 155.
- Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census
Title: 1860 United States Federal Census
Page: District 8, Monroe, Tennessee; Roll M653_1265; Page: 245; Image: 493.
- Abbrev: 1870 United States Federal Census
Title: 1870 United States Federal Census
Page: District 14, Monroe, Tennessee; Roll M593_1550; Page: 129; Image: 258.
- Abbrev: 1880 United States Federal Census
Title: 1880 United States Federal Census
Page: Travis, Texas; Roll T9_1329; Family History Film: 1255329; Page: 2.3000; ED: 121
- Abbrev: 1900 United States Federal Census
Title: 1900 United States Federal Census
Page: Justice Precinct 2, Mills, Texas; Roll T623_1659; Page: 6B; ED: 112.
- Abbrev: Bell County, Kentucky Families
Title: Bell County, Kentucky Families
Author: Sueann Morrow
Publication: firstname.lastname@example.org, RootsWeb.com Gedcom sueann3