Name: William Riley Reid
Given Name: William Riley
Birth: 27 May 1826 in , Lawrence County, Alabama 1
Death: 25 May 1865 in , Marshall County, Mississippi 1 2
Burial: Harmony Cemetery, Benton County, Mississippi 3 4 5
Change Date: 26 Oct 2013 at 14:29
At the time of the 1860 census, William was a farmer in Marshall County, Mississippi. He had real estate valued at $1500, and personal assets of $1500.
His son Samuel Reid stated in a letter that his father was justice of the peace all during the war and was not in the army. He died just at the close of the war.
buried at old harmony cem- Benton Co. Miss = has headstone =buried by Masons= cem. loc. T4W-r1w-Section 27 -edge of Benton Co=8 miles N of Potts Camp, back of BryantsStore, (no longer there). Pass through Mitchell Solell's Place. The tombstone is carved Wm. R. Reid, died May 25, 1865, aged 39 years; A loving husband, a father dear, A faithful friend lies buried here.
Father: James Napoleon Reid b: 10 Dec 1794 in , Knox County, Tennessee
Mother: Polly B. Thompson b: 12 Apr 1807
Elizabeth Maneriva McGaughy b: 28 Feb 1836 in , Lawrence County, Alabama
22 Nov 1852
in , Marshall County, Mississippi 6 1
29 Oct 1852
in , Marshall County, Alabama 7
- Change Date:
26 Oct 2013
- Anna E. Reid b: 4 Mar 1854 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- Martha Elizabeth "Mattie" Reid b: 22 Nov 1858 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- William Ellis Reid b: 26 Sep 1860 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- Samuel G. Reid b: 22 Nov 1862 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- Abbrev: William Ellis Reid Bible
Title: William Ellis Reid Bible
Publication: in possession of Sammy Bruce Reid
- Abbrev: Tombstone
Page: aged 39 years; "A loving husband a father dear A faithful friend lies buried here."
- Abbrev: Jerry Reid-Linda Sullivan
Title: Jerry Reid-Linda Sullivan
Author: Jerry Reid
Publication: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tribal Pages Family Tree
- Abbrev: FindAGrave.com
Page: Memorial# 55038631
- Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census
Title: 1860 United States Federal Census
Page: Township 3 Range 1, Marshall, Mississippi; Roll M653_587; Page: 0; Image: 241.
- Abbrev: Mississippi Marriages, 1826-1900
Title: Mississippi Marriages, 1826-1900
- Abbrev: Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935
Title: Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935