Name: Elizabeth Maneriva McGaughy
Given Name: Elizabeth Maneriva
Birth: 28 Feb 1836 in , Lawrence County, Alabama 1 2
Death: 21 Oct 1875 in , Marshall County, Mississippi 2
Burial: Harmony Cemetery, Benton County, Mississippi 3 4 5 6
Alt. Death 13 Oct 1875 1
Change Date: 2 Jul 2012 at 19:19
Listed as M. L. in the 1860 census. At the time of the 1870 census, Elizabeth had real estate valued at $1200 and personal assets of $484.
Elizabeth married two times after W. R. Reid died. Also her sister Mary Ann McGaughy was married to James T. Reid before marrying John Roberts.
Note in possession of Johnnie Clay Reid Head had this information on Elizabeth: Elizabeth Maneriva McQuaghly born 28 Feb 1836 Mississippi, died 13 Oct 1875, buried in Holly Spring Mississippi. Other online Gedcoms show her born in Lawrence County, Alabama. Also, in 1860, 1870 census, Elizabeth gave birthplace as Alabama.
Her son Samuel Reid stated in a letter that his mother was a cousin of W. L. McGaughey of Hood County, Texas, who was elected State land Commisioner when Hogg was Govenor of Texas.
Her tombstone is carved: Elizabeth M. wife of W. A. Casey, born Feb. 28, 1836, died Oct. 21, 1875; a loving wife, a mother dear, a faithful friend lies buried here.
Father: Samuel Ellison McGaughy b: 10 Aug 1810 in , Blount County, Tennessee
Mother: Sarah R. Stephenson b: 12 Aug 1807 in Alabama
William Riley Reid b: 27 May 1826 in , Lawrence County, Alabama
22 Nov 1852
in , Marshall County, Mississippi 7 1
- Change Date:
2 Dec 2010
- Anna E. Reid b: 4 Mar 1854 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- Martha Elizabeth "Mattie" Reid b: 22 Nov 1858 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- William Ellis Reid b: 26 Sep 1860 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
- Samuel G. Reid b: 22 Nov 1862 in Holly Springs, Marshall County, Mississippi
James L. Meek b: 27 Apr 1822 in Alabama
22 Aug 1866 1
- Change Date:
8 May 2010
- Infant Meek b: 4 Jun 1867
- Franklyn Lee Meek b: 4 Jun 1867
- Robert Adam Meek b: 26 Dec 1868 in Mississippi
- Nancy Brandon "Nannie" Meek b: 21 Jul 1870
William Andrew Casey b: 14 Sep 1837
in , Marshall County, Mississippi 1
- Change Date:
31 Oct 2010
- John Calvin (Casey) Wofford b: 11 Jul 1875
- Abbrev: William Ellis Reid Bible
Title: William Ellis Reid Bible
Publication: in possession of Sammy Bruce Reid
- Abbrev: Tombstone
- Abbrev: FindAGrave.com
Page: Memorial# 55388610 and Memorial# 55038854
- Abbrev: 1850 United States Federal Census
Title: 1850 United States Federal Census
Page: Northern Division, Marshall, Mississippi; Roll M432_377; P age: 302; Image: 188.
- Abbrev: 1860 United States Federal Census
Title: 1860 United States Federal Census
Page: Township 3 Range 1, Marshall, Mississippi; Roll M653_587; Page: 0; Image: 241.
- Abbrev: 1870 United States Federal Census
Title: 1870 United States Federal Census
Page: Range 1, Marshall, Mississippi; Roll M593_740; Page: 544; I mage: 441.
- Abbrev: Mississippi Marriages, 1826-1900
Title: Mississippi Marriages, 1826-1900