Name: William Fuller , Gov. of Maryland
Birth: ABT 1620 in England?
Death: ABT 1695 in SC?
Fact 1: From EARLY SOUTHERN FULLERS by Theodore Albert Fuller...
Fact 1b "Capt. William Fuller, ranking officer in Oliver Cromwell's roundhead army and subsequent Governor of Maryland, was one of five Puritans on committee to make a treaty with the Susquehannah Indians on 5Jul1652 for Isle of Wight Co., VA."
Founded by George Calvert (1580 - 1632)
He resigned as King James I's Secretary of State in 1625 after converting to Catholicism.
Declared 1st Lord Baltimore by King James I.
Member of the Virginia Company (1609 - 1620)
Member of the Council for New England (1622)
He purchased the southeaster peninsula of New Foundland (colony of Avalon which did not prosper)
Settled in Virginia Oct. 1639 but was forced to leave when he refused the Oaths of Allegiance and Supremacy to the Monarch.
Applied for proprietary charter from King Charles I for territory north of Potomac River.
He died before it was finalized.
Cecilius Calvert, 2d Lord Baltimore (1605 1675) son of George
Established firts proprietary colony of Maryland, named for Queen Henrietta Maria
Colonist guaranteed basic English Rights
Calvert could make laws with the consent of free male property owners.
1635 - First legislative assembly
1650 - Split into two houses
The charter did not forbid the establishment of Churches other than Protestant. Calvert made the colony a haven for English Catholics.
Manorial Estates could be granted.
February 1634, 200 settlers arrived in Virginia.
Calvert appointed his brother Leonard Calvert governor.
Leonard established manorial government and fostered friendly relations with the Indians.
William Claiborne claims part of Maryland but was ruled against in April 1638.
The Charter was almost revoked in 1647
April, 1649 - William Stone - Deputy governor - protestant - passed an Act of Toleration.
Granted religious freedom.
Governor Thomas Greene - recognized King Charles II's claim to the throne.
Parliamentary Commissioners designate William Fuller as Govenor.
1654 - Fuller calls an Assembly which repudiates the propietor's authority in the colony and revokes the Act of Toleration, denying Catholics the protection of the law.
1655 - Civil War - won by the Puritans - imprisoned William Stone.
Nov. 1660 - Philip Calvert regained his place as proprietor.
1675 - Charles Calvert - 3rd Lord Baltimore.
1661 - 1680
Josias Fendall was ousted as governor when the Calverts returned to power.
The Calverts became unpopular when price of tobacco drops.
Dec. 1670 - Voting was limited to freeholders
Indian raids increased
Anti-Catholic sentiment grows
Sept. 1676 - Rebellion crushed and the leaders hanged.
Apr. 1682 - Second rebellion - Fendall banished.
1689 - Revolution in Maryland
May 1684 - Lord Baltimore returns to England to settle boundary disputes with Virginia and Penn's Colony and to answer charges that he favors Roman Catholics. Also that he interfered with Custom collectors.
George Talbot, his nephew, acting governor, accused of murdering a collector
Lord Baltimore fined for obstructing collectors
George Talbot sentenced to death but was banished by the King for 5 years.
William Joseph appointed by Lord Baltimore
John Coode leads a march against St. Mary's and forced Joseph to surrender.
Assembly petitions crown to take over Colony and elected Nehemiah Blakiston president.
1691 - Maryland made a royal colony.
Sir Lionel Copley first royal governor.
1692 - Church of England established in Maryland.
1695 - Capitol of Maryland moved from St. Mary's to Annapolis.
THE HISTORY OF THOMAS TUNNELL
Any and all efforts in this genealogical study is with consideration and respect to those who came before us; who, through their courage, perseverance, and pioneering spirit, have made possible this magnificent land and country we share. We share not only their legacy, but the responsibility to continue to maintain and improve our country for our children and the generations to follow. - F. Joseph Ginorio Aug. 1997
Thomas Tunnell came from England to the eastern shore of Virginia around 1649 as an indentured servant to work off his passage to the new world - this is his story and the story of many pioneers initiating the American dream.
This information is derived from a document drafted by Mark Tunnell of Pennsylvania - descendent of Thomas Tunnell. - 7th great grandson. My daughters, Sophia and Julia Ginorio are the 9th great granddaughters of Thomas Tunnell. Thomas is the progenitor of the Tunnell Family of Delaware- a volume called "The Tunnells of Delaware" was published, but is out of print.
In 1649, in St. George's Hundred ( a land and political division of property designed to support 100 families), William Johnson and Walter Guest owned successful corn and tobacco plantations. St. George's Hundred was located in the colonial province of Maryland, across the St. Mary's river from St. Mary's City. At that time, St. George's Hundred had 70 colonists and a great feudal manor owned by a Mr. WESTON. St. Mary's county had about 300 adult males and about 150 women. Because of growing demand for tobacco, William Johnson and Walter Guest needed additional manpower to develop their farms. Due to financial hardships in England, brought on by the English Civil War between the Puritans and the King, there were many young men available for indentured service ( an Elizabethan Statute of Artificers that stated that for the price of passage, an indentured servant would work for 5 years - 6 days/week - 10-12 hours/day, after which they would be entitled to 50 acres of land, 5 which had to be plantable, a good suit of Jersey cloth, a white linen shift, a pair of stockings, a pair of shoes, two hoes, an ax, and three barrels of corn and would be a freeman)
Walter GUEST sent letters to England and paid £20 Sterling for passage for Thomas Tunnell and EDWARD TURNER, both about 20 years of age. In May or June of 1649 Thomas was waiting on the docks for the ship that would take him to America. King James I of England, had been beheaded in January and circumstances were not good. Even though Thomas could not read or write and did not come from a wealthy background, he was one of the early beneficiaries of the American dream.
After a 12 week passage, the ship rounded Cape Charles into the "Bay of the Checepiacke", up the Mary Land river to St. Mary's City. At that time St.Mary's City consisted of a "Fforte" , the Governor's House, Trinity Church, Aldermanbury St., a few houses, and a Townhouse where the Council sat. Approximately 50 plantations ranged around for 30 miles.
Thomas went to work for Master William Johnson just when it was time for harvest. Land records from St. Mary's county state:
"20th Feb. 1650 William Johnson assigneth to Walter Guest One Hundred Fifty Acres of the LAND Demanded Viz.t two hundred for the Transportation of his servants Viz.t Thomas Tunnell and Edward Turner in August last"
"20 Feb. Walter Guest demands One Hundred and Fifty Acres of Land Assigned to him by William Johnson as above expressed" Liber AB&H Folio 55 Records of Land Patents.
Thomas attended the first brick church of the area, St. George's of the Church of England - Pastor Reverend William Wilkinson. In January of 1655, Thomas was 25 years old and approaching the end of his servitude. Political events were about to influence his future.
As the continuing conflict in England between the "Parliamentarians under Oliver Cromwell" and the King affected affairs in the colonies - Lord Baltimore's appointed Governor, Captain Stone, had resigned his office and had turned over the affairs of government of the Province to the "Commissioners of Parliament". Factions had formed between those who held the "Proprietaries" (Lord Baltimore) and those "Parliamentarians" who considered Oliver Cromwell and the Parliament to be supreme. In England, Cromwell was in the ascendancy. In Maryland, tensions increased beween the Proprietaries and the Parliamentarians to the point where people were taking oaths and signing writs.
When Cromwell resumed as Lord Protector in Dec. 1653, he proclaimed that all writs were thereafter to be issued in his name. In Sept., 1654, Cromwell sent another letter to the Governor of Maryland instructing him and the commisioners in Maryland "for preventing of distrubances or tumults there... to forebear distrubing the Lord Baltimore, or his officers, or People in Maryland;
Thomas Tunnel had conversations with the retired governor, Captain Stone, regarding a commission in the militia depending on the course of events. He could also consider the 50 acres of land due him and become a "planter".
In November, 1654, Lord Baltimore sent a letter to Governor Stone charging him with cowardice and threatening dismissal unless he took vigorous action against the "Commissioners of Parliament". The "Commissioners of Parliament" had recently passed a law rescinding "The Act Concerning Religion of 1649" that provided for religious tolerance and instituted measures of religious intolerance. In consequence, Gov. Stone took steps to challenge the authority of the Commissioners. He appointed military officers including Majors, Captains, Lieutenants, and Sergeants. During the winter of 1654, Gov. Stone commissioned Thomas Tunnell as a Lieutenant in the militia of St. George's Hundred. As such, Thomas would have received a gun, a shotbag, one pound of powder, four pounds of shot, a sword, and a belt. Thomas took up the cause for what he believed to be the rightful government in Maryland under the yellow and black striped banner of the 2nd Lord Baltimore, Cecil Calvert.
A series minor confrontations with the Parliamentarians that involved the confiscation of all land records by the Parliamentarians led Captain Stone and his officers to assemble about 200 hundred soldiers. Capt. Stone led his troop towards the Town of Providence, a Parliamentarian area, to the house of Richard Preston, a Parliamentarian who was holding the county records. They arrested Richard Preston and John Sutton.
The Parliamentarians responded by having a CAPT. FULLER form a troop. They confronted the main contingent of Capt. Stone's troop near the Severn River. This encounter is called "The Battle of the Severn", March 25, 1655 and involved ships with troops in the river as well as land troops surrounding Capt. Stone's forces. Lieutenant Thomas Tunnell had be sent with a small contingent to a small outlying fort to stand alert for the Parliamentarians.
Under the command of CAPTAIN FULLER, the Parliamentarians' won the battle. Captain Stone's entire troop was arrested including Thomas Tunnell, who was charged with taking arms against the present government. His defense at the trial was that he and others had been confused by Captain Stone who had stated that he had the power of government from the Lord Protector, Oliver Cromwell. This was the first battle ever fought between "Anglo-Americans", the first battle to be determined by the use of naval power in America, and the only battle in America in which the flag of the Commonwealth of England was ever flown.
Thomas escaped with his life, but was fined 1000 lb. of tobacco. In his position, this ended any hope of estate or future in Maryland. It is most likely that he made an expeditious flight out of Maryland to the more tranquil eastern shore of Virginia. He found accommodation in Accomac County, across the Chesapeake Bay, along with Colonel Edmund Scarborough, and several other officer friends.
The following year, Lord Baltimore was restored to full powers and remembering the services of Thomas Tunnell, directed his new representative, Gov. Josias Fendall to show favor to Thomas. The exact language is as follows:
"That they cherish & comfort in what they can all such persons as have approved themselves faithful to his LoP and don good service in the late troubles here: that his LoP's said Lieut. preferre those persons before any others to such places & imployments of trust and profitt as they may be respectively capable of & and in particular Mr. Thomas Truman, Mr. George Thompson, Lieut. Thomas Tunnell & Mr. Barton & that his said Leiut. and Counsell lett his Lordship understand from time to time wherein he can upon any occasion requite them & others who have been faithful to his Lordship as aforesaid..." Archives of Maryland, Vol. III, pg. 326
Aftermath of the Battle - Captian Stone lost the battle because of a number of events. One of these was because he was forced to land at night on unknown ground. He and his company were assailed both from sea and land; they were outflanked and ultimately trapped on the peninsula by new tactics of warfare employed by the Parliamentary Army.
THOMAS TUNNELL IN VIRGINIA
The first record of Thomas Tunnell's entry into the colony of Virginia dates from 1654. A document exists which indicates that Thomas immigrated into Lancaster County in 1654 to work for John Newman. Newman had a farm near the Rappahanock River on the western shore considerably below St. Mary's city, Maryland. Whether Thomas actually did work there and for how long is unknown. But it is known that by 1655 he was back in Maryland during the Battle of the Severn.
Within a year or two after the battle, Thomas crossed the Chesapeake Bay to the eastern shore of Virginia to live and work there. He met and married a woman whose name we do not know. It is known that Thomas knew both the Littleton and Scarburghs families; both prominent and wealthy family in that area of Virginia. He likely worked for them as a resident manager or overseer on one of their northern most tracts of farm on the Eastern shore. The woman he married would have been of the same station i.e. most likely a female servant of one of the families.
An appreciation of the life and conditions of those living in this area during the 1650's & 1660's can be had by reading the substantive works of Ralph Whitelaw's "Virginia's Eastern Shore - A History of Northhampton and Accomack Counties" 1950 and Stratton Nottingham's "Wills and Administratoin of Accomack County, Virginia" 1931, and James Perry's, "The Formation of a Society on Virginia's Eastern Shore" 1990.
The Eastern Shore of Virginia was originally "Accowmacke", and indian name meaning "place on the other side of the water" . Only 12 miles at its' widest, it was settled in the 1630's on its southwestern tip with Jamestown on the mainland as the capital. Accomack was gradually populated and deeded out ( or patented ) to landowners moving northwards and plotted out like rungs on a ladder.
On the "bayside" were considered to be the choicer parcels of land and the "seaside", "upper bayside", then "upper seaside" in succession were gathered up. The road down the center of the peninsula, now Rt. 13, was the dividing line - then as today. Not every landowner actually resided on their oulying properties.
Colonel Nathaniel Littleton, one the prominent citizens of the area, died in 1654 and left numerous holding. His son, Southy Littleton, inherited the home at "Nandua" and seveal other farms in the northern areas, which were quite desolate and remote at the time. In the northern area, there remained unclaimed land. The entire county area was named "Northhampton" in the 1650's. One of these tracts eventually became owned by Thomas Tunnell. And Thomas's son, Nathaniel, was gifted land near his father's by Colonel Southy Littleton, whom most likely was the employer and patron to Thomas. Southy could very well have been god father to Nathaniel who was probably named for Southy's father.
Thomas was living in the area before Accomack became a county in 1663. The first records of the new county show Thomas paying taxes, "tithes", in 1663, which precedes the "patent" of the farm land to Thomas. Taxes or "tithes" were levied on each person over 16 years of age (this includes males, female servants, and female slaves). The annual tithe was 10 lbs. of tobacco and one bushel of corn per tithable person.
At that time, Accomack County had no towns, no schools, or churches. The local farmers called themselves "planters" and relied heavily on each other. Often neighbors were not close by. Life expectancy was short and death was never a stranger. When family ran out, the neighbors would pitch in or just take over with any support or help. There were few white residents and they depended on each other for daily support in emergencies, farming advice, and other local issues that would arise from time to time.Birth, death, and marriage records were virtually non existant. The selection and duties of a "god father" ( as guardians ) were taken very seriously at that time and selecting god fathers of wealth and station were important considerations.
The main cash crop was tobacco, followed by corn. Thomas has his property on the upper seaside and grew both tobacco and corn. There was some small game in the area such as bears, wildcats, deer, and wolves.
Thomas Jr. was born around 1658/59 and Nathaniel in 1660. It was noted that a good friend was a George Crump, a bachelor still looking for a wife. Thomas's closed neighbors were John Watts and John Wallop. They all lived on the upper seaside, about 7 miles south of the Maryland boundary, which was called "Occocomson". This area ran from the main north - south road across to "Watts Bay". Not far away was "Wallops Island" and "Chincoteague Island". Note that many of the present day families in Delaware and that part of Maryland and Virginia descend from these three families.
Most of the place names were of Indian origin and took their names from references to the nearest body of water. At that time there were eight Indian settlements in the area mostly of Algonquian stock. These Indians owed loose alegiance to the Powhatten federation. The chief of the Chincoteagues was "Pocahokes" and a menber of the Kicotanks was called "Awascencas", both of whom lived near Thomas's farm. Their currency was a "Roanoke", small shells bored with holes and mounted on buckskin strips. These tribes were small and poor, trading mosty beaver pelts to the whites farmers. These Indians were very peaceful and took no part in the general uprising that occured in 1622 and 1644.
However, Thomas would have been very concerned about the depredations of the Assateague Indians that broke out in 1659 on the lower shore of Maryland and upper shore of Virginia. A local prominent citizen, Col. Edmund Scarburgh, along with 300 local resident, mounted an official punitive expedition. There is no record that Thomas played any part in the affair and considering his fortunes only a few years earlier, there is no reason to consider that he would have wanted any part of it.
There is a reference of land patent to Thomas in 1664, but a key document is dated October 30, 1669 for a land patent of 700 acres to Thomas. This land included some of Southy Littleton's land and according to the writer, Ralph Whitelaw, it is believed that there must have been an agreement between Thomas and Southy that for an exchange for work, a purchase or trade of land was arranged. When Thomas suddenly died, Southy made sure that Thomas's son Nathaniel, as surviving heir, would be able to acquire the land - mentioned in Southy's will.
According to Ralph Whitelaw who studied the local architecture, the earliest dwelling were very crude, but by the 1660's and 70's, the construction became somewhat ubiquitous; a one story, loft frame dwelling with dimensions about 20' x 35'. The first floor consisted of a "formal" room on one end, and a cook room on the other, usually without a hall between them .The houses were always clapboard, never log, and often with large, exterior, brick chimneys. The roofs were severely pitched and coverd with hand hewn shingles. Behind the house was most likely a shelter for horses, cows, and assorted farm animals. There would also be a drying shack for tobacco and a smoke house. They often fenced in the area immediately around the house and called it the "messuage" - like our lawn today. Beyond the messuge would have been a vegetable garden and perhaps a few fruit trees. The house would usually face South. Shade for the summer was provided by overarching trees and water came from the local creek. In season, Thomas could be found plowing and cultivating his fields. The next generation of houses were to be of brick construction.
In the years 1660 & 63, the Parliament enacted the "Navigation Acts" which required all colonial trade to pass thru England and bear a heavy duty. This act drove up the prices for tobacco and as demand and exports decreased, the planters suffered a depression. The Eastern Shore now became a poor place to be. Friends and neighbors supported each other and road out the storm. Improvements came only when King William and Queen Mary ascended the throne in the late 1680's, but tobacco prices suffered and by 1710 was grown only in negligible amounts.
In 1667 another crisis occured with the outbreak of a smallpox epidemic, occassioned by a sailor. The epidemic killed hundreds of settlers and Indians alike. Stricken with the "pox", George Crump made his will on Sept. 12, 1667, leaving small bequests "to Thomas Tunnell, the son of Thomas Tunnell" and then gave the latter, "his dear friend" all his worldly goods. Young Tom would have been about 9 years old and Thomas about 38. Thomas probated the will as executor on October 24, 1667. On October 30, 1669, Thomas got his patent recorded for 700 acres at Occocomson. He paid his tax for one titheable that year and in 1670 for two.
In 1671, Thomas disappears from the tax records. Death must have taken him quickly because he left no will and no wife came forward to administer his estate nor claim the protection of a dower interest. Thomas would have been 42 years old. Most likely, Thomas and his wife would have been buried by their friends in some quiet spot on his property. No gravestones were placed. Young Tom did not survive either.
Nathaniel, the lone survivor, was 11 years old. He was most likely taken in by Southy and Sarah Littleton, his god parents. The law was such at that time that if the land was not "seated" i.e. planted and cultivated within three years, it went into escheat and could be granted to someone else. In 1673, William Blake staked a claim for the western most 300 acres of Thomas's land. Thomas never had the chance to make a go of all his property - the Tunnell property now consisted of 400 acres.
Nathaniel was most likely on the 2,270 acre Littleton estate of at "Nandua" where he would be the oldest of the other children running in the 9 room mansion. Esther Littleton was 6, Elizabeth was 2, and Sarah was in swaddling clothes. Four more children were born to the Southys' in the 1670's. Southy remained an able and respected squire and was for some years the Sheriff of Accomack County. He was named one of the judges by Gov. Berkeley of Virginia to try the followers' of Nathaniel Bacon's rebellion of 1677. In 1679, the governor also commisioned him to join Virginia's delegation to the Irogquois treaty conference held in New York.
While on his mission to New York, Southy took deathly ill. He was at the home of Robert Livingstone in Albany on the Hudson. From Robert's house he made out his will on Sept. 16, 1679. To Nanthaniel Tunnell he gave all his remaining interests in the farmland at Occocomson, plus a rather special and intimate gift of his entire wardrobe, minus great cloak and rapier, plus two cows and calves, and a free year's service of one of his servants. Three weeks later, Southy died. Nathaniel was now 19 years old. Although technically he was two years from the age of majority, he would soon be planning to spruce up and restart his family farm. In 1682, it shows Nathaniel as head of household paying the taxes due.
Nathaniel met and married "Mary" and they had five sons; Washbourne, Nathaniel Jr., Edmond, Scarburgh, and Elias. Washbourne's god father was Nathaniel's friend, the Clerk of the Court of Accomack County, John Washbourne. Both Edmond's and Scarburgh's god father was undoubtly Colonel Edmond Scarburgh Jr. son of the late Col. Edmund Scarburgh (died 1671).
The tobacco industry started to pick up in the 1680's and new people started to arrive in the county. At the age of 26, Nathaniel had to give depostion concerning a dispute as to who had title to Chincoteague Island. The dispute had recently resulted in a riot between Thomas Welburn and a dozen people who supported the competing claims of Maj. John Robins and William Kendall. In the deposition, Nanthaniel swore that he witnessed a conversation where John Warrington agreed to go to Chincoteague Island and "build a small house" for the claiments. Robins and Kendall prevailed. Note that our family today is also descended from Willam Kendall.
In 1689 Nanthaniel in an effort to raise money, agreed to sell 100 acres of his property to Henry Brownbill. Henry Brownbill did not do well on the land and failed in his promises to pay. Nathaniel had to bring suit against Brownbill to compell agreement to the contract. Brownbill did not show at the hearing and after a search by the Sheriff, Brownbill had absconded to parts unknown and the land reverted back to Nathaniel.
In 1690, Col. Edmond Scarburgh gave to Nathaniel's sons, Nathaniel Jr. and Edmond, one mare each. Nathaniel Sr. was to keep the horses until Edmond turned 16 and Nathaniel could keep any colts that were folded in the interim by either mare. Nathaniel took the document of gift to his friend John Washbourne, and had him enter it in the record on June 10, 1690.
On April 4, 1693 Nathaniel performed the solemn duty of witnessing the will of his father's old friend and neighbor, John Wallop ( our family is also descended from John Wallop). The witnessing was also attended by their neighbor to the north, Samuel Taylor. Note that this was the same era that the Salem witch trials were occuring in Massachusetts. In Virginia, the college of William and Mary was founded just north of the city of Jamestown. Soon the capital of Virginia would be moved to Williamsburg.
In Accomak County, VA, the new sheriff, Samuel Sanford, expressed concern over the lack of schools in the county and in his will he created a fund to build and support a charitable school on his land so that poor children of the county could attend free of charge.
A new brick Anglican Church was built on Assawoman Creek just a mile or so north of Nathaniel's land. The church also had a cemetary. In the spring of 1696 Nathanniel took ill at 36 years old. To his elder son, Washbourne, he gave his gun and the home his father built; the remaining 400 acre tract, he divided into 5 equal sections - one for each son. His wife, Mary, buried him and shortly thereafter married Charles Stockley before the will was probated. Charles became the executor of the will. John Washbourne assigned to his godson, Washbourne, his clerks fee for the settlement of Nathaneil's estate in Feb. 1699. At the same time, Charles Stockley gave Washbourne a black colt with the brand "N T".
The new century began and the families on the peninsula including the Tunnells, Wests, Rickards, Wallops, Kendalls, Jones, Tingles, Cottinghams, Millers, Evans, Watts, Ingram, Hudson, Collins, Vaughn, Powell, Truit, Walter, Waples, and Whartons and more, grew together and today have thousands of descendents who have been Governors, Farmers, Lawyers, and Soldiers in all the wars from the Battle of the Severn to Vietnam.
Noted below is a short list of only five generations from Thomas Tunnell.
Descendants of Thomas Tunnell- 5 Generations
1 Thomas Tunnell b: 1629 in England d: 1671 in Virginia .
2Nathaniel Tunnell - b: in Accomac County, Virginia d: 1696 in Accomac County, Virginia
3 Scarburgh Tunnell - d: March 01, 1757 in Accomac County, Virginia
4Washburn Tunnell - d: Abt 1771
4 Scarburgh Tunnell - d: 1782 in Accomac County, Virginia
5 William Henry Tunnell
4 Elias Tunnell - d: Abt 1734
4 Jodiah Tunnell
5 George Tunnell
4 Ezekiel Tunnell
4 Charles Tunnell
5 Samuel S. Tunnell
4 Comfort Tunnell
4 William Tunnell b: July 12, 1731 in Accomac County, Virginia d: March 1776
+Arelantor Howard - d: September 16, 1762 in Sussex County, DE
5 Elizabeth Tunnell - b: October 08, 1756
+John Derrickson b: in Berlin, MD
5 Scarborough Tunnell b: November 01, 1758 in Muddy Neck, DE d: February 09, 1808
+Comfort Miller Tingle
5 Nehemiah Tunnell b: December 27, 1760 in Accomac County, Virginia d: December 23, 1795 in at sea on Schooner Fair American near Jamaica - buried there.
+Comfort Burton - (2nd wife of William Tunnell) d: April 24, 1766 in Sussex County, DE
+Elizabeth Evans ( 3rd wife of William Tunnell)
5 Washburn Tunnell d: in Baltimore Hundred
Father: Unplaced Fullers
- Elizabeth Fuller b: ABT 1655
- Mary Ann Fuller b: ABT 1661
- Verlinda Fuller b: ABT 1663
- William Fuller b: ABT 1673