Name: Sir Edward (Battle of Stoke) * Norreys
Birth: ABT 1465 in Yattenden, Berkshire, England
Death: in of Ockwells, Bray, Berkshire, England
Change Date: 10 JUL 2008
DESCENDANT OF CHARLEMAGNE, ALFRED THE GREAT, WILLIAM THE CONQUEROR, HENRY I, EMPRESS MATILDA, HENRY II, KING JOHN, EDWARD I, SIR WILLIAM MARSHALL, STRONGBOW DE CLARE, AND LADY GODIVA
DESCENDANT OF MALCOLM III, DAVID I, AND THE ANCIENT KINGS OF SCOTLAND
DESCENDANT OF KING LOUIS VII OF FRANCE AND ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE
DESCENDANT OF LLEWELYN THE GREAT PRINCE OF WALES, AND IRELAND'S GREATEST KING BRIAN BORU
Edward fought at the Battle of Stoke and was knighted by his wife.
THE BATTLE OF STOKE, JUNE 16, 1487, by Larry Overmire:
John de la Pole Earl of Lincoln, a nephew of Richard III, conspired with Francis Viscount Lovell to put a young orphan named Lambert Simnel on the throne. The scheme called for Simnel to assume the identity of the vanished Richard Duke of York. They raised an army of mostly Irish troops and German mercenaries and met the forces of Henry VII and John de Vere Earl of Oxford at Stoke. The rebels were squashed. The Earl of Lincoln, who represented the last Yorkist heir of any consequence, was killed. Lovell vanished and disappeared from history. Henry VII must have taken pity on Simnel, sparing his life, and giving him a job in the king's kitchens.
Notes on this website are authored by Larry Overmire, unless noted otherwise. Permission of the author is required to reproduce elsewhere.
1) Jim Weber Database
2) Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, Charles Mosley Editor-in-Chief, 1999 Page: 2099
3) Bruce Bohlman Database
4) Maximilian Genealogy
5) Sir Henry NORREYS, Knight, Tudorplace.com, listing Dictionary of National Biography (1891) as its source
6) Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Cokayne, Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000 Page: II:65 chart
7) Henry Norreys bio, David Nash Ford's Royal Berkshire History, Edited from Leslie Stephens & Sidney Lee's "Dictionary of National Biography" (1891).
Father: Sir William (Knight of the Body) * Norreys b: ABT 1445 in Yattenden, Berkshire, England
Mother: Jane (Joane) * de Vere b: ABT 1447 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Frideswide * Lovel b: BEF 1466 in Titchmarsh, Thrapston, Northamptonshire, England
- Change Date:
10 JUL 2008
- Note: 17:25
- John (Esquire of the Body to Henry VII) Norreys b: ABT 1489 in Yattenden, Berkshire, England
- SIR HENRY (Supposed Lover of Anne Boleyn) * NORREYS b: ABT 1494 in probably Wytham, Berkshire, England