Name: Rachel Karmia
Birth: ABT 1853 in Altynovka or Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia 1
Death: 29 JUN 1941 in Saint Joseph, Missouri
Note: Hypostatic bronchopneumonia, chronic myocarditis
_FA1: Painting belts; gathering cotton balls for flour
_FA3: Krolevets (Karelovitch), Ukraine; Altynovka, Ukraine;
_FA4: Kansas City MO; St. Joseph MO
ALIA: Gertrude Rachel /Karmia/
ALIA: Gitel Rochel /Karmia/
ALIA: Gussie /Karmia/
Change Date: 3 APR 2015
My grandmother's maiden name was Carmia. Her parents (my great-grandparents) came from Karelovitch (Krolovets), 18 mil es from Altynovka, which was a great distance then. Gertrude Rachel earned her livelihood by painting belts and gathe ring cotton balls for flour and was considered a good saleslady; she also worked in the marketplace.
--Hannah Brahinsky, granddaughter of Gertrude Rachel Carmia Brahinsky
In the 1930 census her given name is listed as "Gussie."
Father: Hershel Karmia b: UNKNOWN in Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia
Mother: ??? ??? b: UNKNOWN in Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia
Chaim Simcha Braginsky b: ABT 1854 in Ukraine, Russia
in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- David Brahinsky b: 24 JUL 1876 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Max Brahinsky b: APR 1882 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Anna Brahinsky b: 7 MAY 1883 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Nathan Brahinsky b: 15 JAN 1887 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Harry Brahinsky b: 20 MAY 1889 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Morris Brahinsky b: 4 JUL 1894 in Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia
- Frieda Brahinsky b: 21 JUN 1900 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Text: April 1930 census shows age as 75, which would imply a birth date between April 1854 and March 1855, inclusive.
- Text: Obituary, St. Joseph (MO) News-Press, 30 Jun 1941. Grave marker, B'nai Sholem / B'nai Yaakov cemetery, Saint Joseph M O shows 30 Jun as death date.