Name: William Hardy
Given Name: William
Change Date: 19 SEP 2010
April 1727: William Hardy,Mary Williams, Solomon Stimson, and Benjamin Stimson are mentioned in the inventory of Solomon Stimson of Prince George's County.
Birth: 1697 in Charles, Maryland, United States
Name: Page 1
Will: 8 AUG 1740 Annapolis, Maryland
Death: 16 AUG 1740 in Prince George's, Maryland, United States
Note: William Hardy will dated 8 Aug 1740, Will book DD-1, p 222, Hall of Records, Annapolis, MD: "I, William Hardy of Prince Georges Co, Planter... to my son George my negro wench Anne... to dau Rachel the first child Anne brings... to son Solomon my boy Nicles (Nicholas)... to my daughter Elizabeth my negro boy Luke... to sons George, William, Henry, Benjamin, Solomon and my daughters Mary Anne, Rachel and Elizabeth all my chattells and movables to be equally divided... to son Henry all my whereing (sic) close... bro George Hardey... son George to be Exec and to take the five youngest children to keare (sic) for them until they are of age..." (Greenwell - Little - Donnally - Hardy and Allied Families of Maryland, Kentucky, and Missouri by A. Louise Shelton, 929.273 G855s)
The Land Records of Prince George's County, Maryland, 1726-1733 By Elise Greenup Jourdan
Liber Q Page 75
Enrolled at request of William Hardy 26 Aug 1730:
Indenture, 24 Jul 1730; Between John Hyde of London, merchant, and William Hardy, planter; for 5s; to farm part of <i>His Lordship's Kindness</i>; containing 161 acres; for the natural life of William Hardy, Anne his wife and George their son; /s/ Walter Hoxton, atty. for John Hyde; wit. James Burgess, Tho. Charter; 3 Aug 1730 ack. by Walter Hoxton
Hardey, William, planter, Prince George's Co., 8th Aug., 1740; 16th Aug., 1740.
To sons George, ex., Benjamin, Solomon, William, Henry, daus. Rachel, Elizabeth and Mary Ann, entire estate.
Testator desires that George take 4 young. child, under his care.
Mary Ann to be raised by Elizabeth Hogging.
William to be of age at testator's death.
Overseers: Bro. George and Peter Hogging.
Test: William Hardey, George Hardey, Ann Burgoss. 22. 222.
William Hardey 27.272 PG £127.9.8 Nov 24 1740 Nov 30 1742
Appraisers: James Young, Sr., Luke Marbury.
Mentions: Charles Noble, John Haggersley, Jr., George Hardy, Sr., William Hardey.
Executor: George Hardey.
William Hardy 19.361 A PG £127.9.8 £25.16.5 Mar 21 1742/43
Received from: John Hagertee.
Payments to: Hyde Hogston, Mr. John Magruder, James Burgess, job. Noble, John Hagerte, John Laurence (merchant at Piscatway).
Executor: George Hardy.
Name Suffix:<NSFX> Jr.
Father: William Hardy b: BEF 1668 in Charles County, Maryland
Mother: Elizabeth Hayden b: 1675 in Maryland
Ann Stimson b: 1702 in Prince George's, Maryland, United States
BEF 20 MAY 1728
in Prince George's, Maryland, United States
- Note: William was probably married once before his marriage to Ann Stimson. (Greenwell - Little - Donnally - Hardy and Allied Families of Maryland, Kentucky, and Missouri by A. Louise Shelton, 929.273 G855s)
- George Hardy b: 12 JAN 1717 in , Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- William Hardy b: 9 FEB 1721 in St John's Parish, Prince George's, Md
- Henry Hardy b: APR 1722 in St John's Parish, Prince George's, Md
- Benjamin Hardy b: 1730 in , Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- Rachel Hardy b: ABT 1726 in , Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- Mary Anne Hardy b: 27 JUN 1727 in St John's Parish, Prince George's, Md
- Elizabeth Hardy b: 1734 in , Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- Solomon Hardy b: 1732 in Prince George's, Maryland, United States
- Abbrev: Arnold Livers Family in America
Title: Donnelly, Mary Louise, Arnold Livers Family in America [S.l. : s.n.], c19771977.