Dowling Family Genealogy

Entries: 615557    Updated: 2015-08-06 18:52:09 UTC (Thu)    Contact:    Home Page: Dowling Family Genealogy  Note: You will leave RootsWeb

Index | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Public Profile | Add Post-em

  • ID: I249812
  • Name: James Douglas BRECKINRIDGE
  • Sex: M
  • Birth: 1790 in Jefferson Co., KY
  • Event: Elected Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kentucky BET 21 NOV 1821 AND 3 MAR 1823
  • Death: 6 MAY 1849 in Louisville, Jefferson Co., KY
  • Note:
    BRECKINRIDGE, James Douglas, a Representative from Kentucky; born in Woodville, near Louisville, Jefferson County, Ky., birth date unknown; attended Washington College (now Washington and Lee University), Lexington, Va., 1800-1803; studied law; was admitted to the bar and commenced practice in Louisville, Ky.; member of the Kentucky state house of representatives, 1809- 1811; appointed judge by Gov. Robert Desha in April 1826, but declined to serve; elected as a Republican to the Seventeenth Congress to fill the vacancy caused by the death of United States Representative Wingfield Bullock (November 21, 1821-March 3, 1823); unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1822 to the Eighteenth Congress; resumed the practice of law; died in Louisville, Ky., May 6, 1849; interment in St. John's Cemetery; reinterment in St. Louis Catholic Cemetery, Louisville in 1867.
    --- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress

    Father: Alexander BRECKINRIDGE b: 1746 in Augusta Co., VA
    Mother: Jane BUCHANAN b: 1763 in Augusta Co., VA

    Marriage 1 Spouse Unknown
    • We want to hear from you! Take our WorldConnect survey

      Index | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Public Profile | Add Post-em

      Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Version Search Ancestry Search Ancestry Search WorldConnect Search WorldConnect Join Today! Join Today!

      WorldConnect Home | WorldConnect Global Search | WorldConnect Help, Inc. is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. If you have a problem with a particular entry, please contact the submitter of said entry. You have full control over your GEDCOM. You can change or remove it at any time.