Name: John FARRAR
Birth: in Hingham, Co. Norfolk, England
Death: 07 JUL 1687 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA
Name also spelled "Farrow" - Residence: 1635 Hingham, Plymouth Co., MA
The first of the name found in New England was John Far- row 1 of Hingham, Mass. He came from Hingham, in Norfolk County, England, with his wife Frances, and one child, in 1635. Most of the inhabitants of the town came from the same place, bringing with them their minister, and all their institutions. Mr. Farrar was a carpenter.
Their children were :
1. Mary, born in England before 1635, married Samuel Stow- ell, Oct. 25, 1649 ;
2. John, 2 born June 6, 1639, married 1st, Mary Hilliard, Aug. 14, 1664; 2d, Frances , Nov. 16, 1691 ;
3. Remember, baptized Aug. 1642, married Henry Ward, Feb. 1660 ;
4. Hannah, baptized April 9, 1648, married Garnet ;
5. Nathan, 2 born Sept. 17, 1654, married Johanna . [See Lincoln 's Hist, of Hingham.
His will is dated March 28th, and proved August 17th, the same year. It was signed in his bed with "his mark" and mentions his wife and all his children except Hannah ; also his grand-daughter Mary, wife of his grand-son, John Garnet, and his grandchildren, Frances and Nathan Ward. His wife survived him, and died January 28, 1689.
Frances CARPENTER b: in Hingham, Co. Norfolk, England
in Hingham, Co. Norfolk, England
- John FARRAR b: ABT 06 JUN 1639 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA
- Mary FARRAR b: ABT 1634 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA
- Remember FARRAR b: 01 AUG 1642 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA
- Hannah FARRAR b: in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA c: 09 APR 1648 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA
- Nathan FARRAR b: 17 SEP 1654 in Hingham, Plymouth Colony, MA