Name: Franklin Russell BABCOCK 1
Birth: 3 JUL 1850 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Death: 18 JAN 1925 in Fulton, Rock Co., Wisconsin
Burial: 21 JAN 1925 Fassett Cemetery, Edgerton, Rock Co., Wisconsin
Occupation: Day Laborer
Change Date: 18 OCT 2009
Franklin Russell Babcock 1850-1925
Categories: Albion, Wisconsin, Janesville Gazette Obituary, Later Arrivals
"The Janesville Daily Gazette", Janesville, Wisconsin, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 1925, p 5.
Edgerton ? Frank Babcock, 74, died at 6 a.m. Sunday, after an illness of three years at his home in Indian Ford.
He was born Dec. 3, 1850, at Old Mystic, R. I., and came to Wisconsin with his parents in 1862 and settled on a farm near Albion and since that time he has always lived in the vicinity of Edgerton. Mr. Babcock was married to Josie Howard, Dec. 12, 1868 [15 Dec 1870]. He is survived by his wife and six children: Mrs. Maude Robinson, Indian Ford; Roy, Edgerton; Mrs. Myrtle Hensel, Levi and Herbert, Janesville; and George, at home.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday from the Methodist church with the Rev. R. J. Bailey officiating. Burial will be in Fassett Cemetery.
Census: 1880 Lima, Rock Co., Wisconsin: age 28, farmer
Father: Charles BABCOCK b: 8 AUG 1794 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Mother: Frances NYE b: 14 NOV 1807 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Josephine Cicely HOWARD b: 3 DEC 1853 in Beloit, Rock Co., Wisconsin
15 DEC 1870
in Fulton, Rock Co., Wisconsin
- Levi Henry BABCOCK b: 14 FEB 1871 in Clark Co., Wisconsin
- Dora Minnie Maude BABCOCK b: 4 SEP 1871 in Holland, Ottawa Co., Michihgan
- LeRoy Elmer BABCOCK b: 30 MAY 1886 in Edgerton, Rock Co., Wisconsin
- Herbert W. BABCOCK b: 13 MAR 1891 in Wisconsin
- Text: Rootsweb Worldconnect database by Jon Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=:2232377