Name: Rebecca PECKHAM 1 2 3 4 5
Birth: 2 DEC 1785 in Charlestown, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Death: 23 FEB 1859 in Almond, Allegany Co., New York
Religion: Seventh-Day Baptist
Change Date: 31 MAY 2004
Note: Admitted 18 Oct 1816 - Alfred, New York.
"The Sabbath Recorder", Vol 15, No 41, p 163, Mar. 17, 1859.
In Almond, N. Y., of paralysis, Widow Rebekah Stillman, in the 74th year of her age.
Sister Stillman embraced religion in early life, and helped compose the 1st Alfred Church at the time of its organization, of which she remained a most exemplary member, till her death. Those best acquainted with her, speak highly of her worth. She was intelligent and exceedingly conscientious, making a principle of every thing, even the most minute. Benevolence and hospitality were prominent characteristics of hers, and though respected by all, and regarded by many as almost a perfect embodiment of the principles of the Gospel, yet she seemed to regard herself as one of the most unworthy members of God's household. She has left a large family of children, nearly all of whom are settled in life; and besides these, a large circle of friends to mourn her loss. N. W.
Father: Braddock PECKHAM b: 12 APR 1758 in Charlestown, Kings Co., Rhode Island
Mother: Rebecca JOHNSON b: 1763
Silas STILLMAN b: 6 AUG 1780 in Westerly, Kings Co., Rhode Island
- Sarah STILLMAN b: 12 MAY 1815 in Alfred, Allegany Co., New York
- Text: Book: Title: The Maxson Family, Descendants of John Maxson and wife Mary Mosher of Westerly, Rhode Island
Author: Walter LeRoy Brown
Publication: Eddy Printing Co., Albion, N. Y; Date: 1954
- Text: Title: ?The Descendants of Robert Burdick of Rhode Island?, Author: Nellie W. Johnson
Publication: The Syracuse Typesetting Co., Syracuse, NY; Date: 1937
- Text: Book ?First Alfred Seventh Day Baptist Church Membership Records, Alfred, New York?;Author: Ilou M. Sanford
Publication: Heritage Books, Inc., Bowie, MD; Date: 1995
- Text: Stillman Website URL: http://www.stillman.org/
- Text: Book: ?Peckham Genealogy? by Stephen Farnum Peckham; Publication: Frank Allaben Genealogical Co; 1922