Name: Maria Ricci 1 1
Birth: 24 AUG 1890 in San Pietro Avellana, Province of Compabasso, Italy
Death: 11 JUL 1971 in Albuquerque, NM of Congestive Heart Failure
Medical Information: Hypertensive Cardiovascular Disease Arterio Sclerotic Heart Disease
Born in S. Pietro Avellano, Province of Campobasso, Italy. Arrived in the United States at New York on July 25, 1913 on the S.S. Saxonia which departed from Naples, Italy. Second cabin ticket, traveling with a passport and her son Agedio Carlini, 18 months old. Fare from Italy was 75 Lires (1 Lires about .20 cents at that time). From New York to Dawson, NM by train cost about $68.00. Departed NY 8:40 AM, via Chicago for Dawson. Arrived Tucumcari, NM. Rockland train to French, then on to Dawson. Train had one car, plus mail car, and empty coal cars. Husband was supposed to have had the transit money waiting for her at Ellis Island. No money. She had to dip into her personal dowry (which at that time was about 500 Lires) to prevent mandatory return to Italy unless she could come up with funds within 5 days.
- source: Dorothy Carlini Hunter 8/1998.
Requested copy of ship passenger arrival records for Maria Ricci from General Reference Branch (NNRG) National Archives and Records Administration. None found. -dbd 9/21/98.
Father: Gaetano Ricci
Mother: Rosanna Colaizzi b: in San Peitro Avellana, Province of Compabasso, Italy
Amico Carlini b: 8 OCT 1890 in San Peitro Avellana, Province of Compabasso, Italy
6 NOV 1910
in San Peitro Avellana, Province of Compabasso, Italy
- Agedio Ralph Carlini b: 22 AUG 1911 in San Peitro Avellana, Province of Compabasso, Italy
- Enola Carlini b: 25 APR 1914 in Dawson, Colfax County, NM
- Elizabeth Carlini b: 15 MAR 1916 in Dawson, Colfax County, NM
- Rose Marie Carlini b: 14 SEP 1918 in Dawson, Colfax County, NM
- Mary Ann Carlini b: 18 JAN 1920 in Dawson, NM
- Danny Roger Carlini b: 8 APR 1921 in Dawson, Colfax County, NM
- Dorothy Carlini b: 2 OCT 1923 in Dawson, Colfax County, NM
- Title: Application for US Naturalization