Name: John DRAKE , Immigrant 1 2
ALIA: DRAKE /Z/
Birth: ABT. 1585 in Hampton-in-Arden, WAR 3 2
Death: 17 Aug 1659 in Windsor, Hartford, CT 1 4 2 of being run over by an ox-cart 5 2
Immigrant: 1639 NOT Winthrop Fleet 2
Reference Number: DRAK203
"He dyed accidentally as he was driving a cart loaded with corn to carry from his house to his son Jacob's; the cattle being two oxen and his mare. In the highway, against John Griffin's, something scared the cattle, and they set a-running, and he laboring to stop them by taking hold on the mare, was thrown down on his face, and the cart-wheel went over him, brake one of his legs, and bruised his bodye so that he was taken up dead, being carried to his daughter's house, his life come again, but dyed in a short time."
There were TWO John Drake's in N.E. at this time. The one who died at Windsor (who m. Elizabeth Rogers) -- i.e. this one -- was NOT the son of William and Philippa Dennys. [AR7]
Lettice SHAKESPEARE b: ABT. 1590 in Hampton-in-Arden, WAR
in Hampton-in-Arden, WAR 2
- John DRAKE , Immigrant b: 25 Aug 1616 in Hampton-in-Arden, WAR
- Title: "Ancestry and relatives of Scott Williams"
Author: WILLIAMS, Scott
- Title: "Horrocks, Philips, Winget, Keeler, Clark, Watson, Lockwood, Strong, Gates and ancestors"
Author: HORROCKS, Lloyd A.
- Title: "New England Marriages prior to 1700"
Author: TORREY, Clarence Almon
Publication: NEHGS CD-TY, 2001
- Title: "Descendants of John Drake of Windsor, Connecticut"
Author: GAY, Frank B.
Publication: Rutland, Vt.: Tuttle Co., 1933
- Title: "huppe2"
Author: de LaGROYE, J. Philippe