Name: John Watson
Given Name: John
Change Date: 20 OCT 2005 1 2
- Melissa A Watson b: 1847
- Abbrev: Family Archives of Schoolcraft / Snodgrass Famlies
Title: Suzie's Snodgrass Genealogy & WV Connections
General source for information put together by
Includes information from many sources, some are listed below
1) L. Wayman firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Info from Julie A.
3) Rick Leland
4) Barbara Rettke
5) Harriett A. Beeler, 1084 E. Jefferson St., Franklin , IN 46131. (317) 736-7277; Family Group Sheets and Letters, Francie Platt, 442 E Wright Blv d, Universal City, TX 78148, 1983-1986]
6) From Bill Cunningham
7) Info from gedcom of Robert Martin: m. Criss Sime
8) Info from gedcom of Wayne Greene email@example.com
9) Lawrence Jacobs
10) Info from Nov 1999 gedcom of Robert Clovis Martin, Rt. 1, Box 101, Mannington, WV 26582 (grandson of Wm. Burl Toothman)
11) Norman F. Kendall (b. 27 Jan 1869, d. 1963) wrote "The Kendall, Cunningham, Snodgrass Family History", publ. 1942, Grafton Sentinel Publ .Co., Grafton, WV - often called The Red Book . Norman F. was s/o William B. C. Kendall s/o Elias Kendall & Isabelle Snodgrass d/o Wm. B. Snodgrass & Mary s/o Francis Snodgrass & Rachel Smith s/o William Snodgrass d. 1832 Monongalia Co VA. Kendall quoted from a 1911 History of Ritchie Co WV, by Minnie Kendall Lowther, but he also collected Snodgrass info from other sources - much of his collected notes, etc. may be found in the Fairmont Public Library's Genealogy room.
On the heels of Norman F. Kendall's book, James Fielding Snodgrass s/o Enos E. s/o Wm. B . & Mary wrote his version of Snodgrass history. It is called The Blue Book in The Snodgrass Clan Society journal The MACE, but the actual title is "The Snodgrass Family Record by J. F. Snodgrass (and a Reminisence of Squire Billy's Family)." It was written after James F. re tired (after 1939 that is) and in it that he repeats info from both the 1911 History of Ritchie Co WV (author Minnie Kendall Lowther) and Kendall's book. I do not know if this was published in the normal way, but it was submitted to The Snodgrass Clan Society abt 1987, by James Marmon Snodgrass of Berea, OH. (James M. Snodgrass, b. ca 1925, s/o Frederick Conaway Snodgrass, b. 10 Jun 1890, s/o James Fielding Snodgrass, b. 21 Mar 1866) Charlou Dolan typed it up for The MACE, as well as placing it in the WV Source Book file; James M. Snodgrass died in Jan 1997 at age 72. (obit published in The MACE Vol. XVI, no. 1, p. 41)
12) Conaway Kunst Hoback,
P. O. Box 740545, Dallas, TX 75374-0545
13) 1880 Census of Marion County, West Virginia, Compiled by William A. Marsh, "1880 Census of West Virginia, Volume 6, Monongalia, Preston, and Marion Counties", (Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 1984), page 820
14) Cochran, Wes, "Marion County WV Marriages 1842-1899", 2515 10th Avenue, Parkersburg, WV 261 01, page 97
15) Contact: Traci Spears
16) Info from desc. Edward J. Schoolcraft (Albuquerque, NM 1986), his book "Schoolcraft, A Three Part Article"
17) Melvin Schwartz
18) Would like to get to know other Schoolcrafts.
Author: Stephen Phillip Beauchamp Date: 6 Mar 2000 11:00 AM GMT
Hi. My name is Stephen P. Beauchamp. My mother is Phyllis Ann Schoolcraft.
My grandmother is Bernice (Walls) Schoolcraft, and my grandfather is Bruce Schoolcraft.
I live in Martinsville, Indiana. If you are related to me in any way, whatsoever, please get in contact with me.
Stephen P. Beauchamp [firstname.lastname@example.org]
19) Question for the lady who was married to Raymond
Author: Stephen Phillip Beauchamp Date: 6 Mar 2000 11:08 AM GMT
Hello. My name is Stephen P. Beauchamp.
My grandfather had a brother named Raymond. I'm not sure from where though.
My grandfathers name is Bruce Schoolcraft. He married a lady named Bernice Walls.
Please let me know if we might be related. I am trying to track down All my family.
Stephen P Beauchamp
Author: bruce Date: 4 Nov 2000 3:38 PM GMT
I am a decendent of Schoolcrafts in Martinsville and Shelbyville Indiana.I am looking for fam ily of Christian.My father was killed when I was 2yrs. old and I do not know any of my family. e-mail Rwilhoit03@gatway.net Rebecca (Schoolcraft) Wilhoit
- Abbrev: Family Archives of Hooper / Crosby / Bianchi and Related Families
Title: Twig, Tree & Treasure A Genealogical Sojourn
Bianchi's Twig, Tree & Treasure A Genealogical Sojourn
by Linda & Mike Bianchi, email: email@example.com
The project started in earnest during the 1960's and has continued sporadically from then on with help by various family members and a lot of friends. Oral and documented family information was complied by Linda Bianchi nee Hooper and Barbara Hooper nee Crosby, later augmented with additions by Lee and Cathy nee Hooper Galloway. A special Thank You to Michele Yvonne Hayward Tate and her family and to Amy Holtgrewe Haertling and her family, for their generous help. The project continues to be updated and expanded by Linda and Mike Bianchi.
Not all of the source data is listed simply because the data is a compilation from many different sources, most which were family oral history records. Some data will have individuals or groups listed as the source of information. While these persons should be credited and are thanked for making significant contributions to this work, they should by no means be construed as being the only source for that particular data or as the only person to have worked on that line.