Name: Roger Chapin 1
Birth: 1534 in Of Totnes, Devon, England 1
Burial: Alms House 12 JUL 1588 Totnes, Devon, England
Death: 09 SEP 1590 in Constantine, Falmouth, Cornwall, England
There are many Chapin families around the Dartmouth area in England. The name has been found there as early as 1327.(2:9) The main parishes where the names are found are around Paignton, Berry Pomeroy, and Totnes. This area is about 7 miles north of Dartmouth.
19592.0 ROGER CHAPYN
He was born c1530 in Totnes, Devonshire, England.(2:10) He married JOANNE THOMAS (AFN: ) on c1559 at ??. She was born c1540 in ??. They had at least 5 children:(2:10)
.1 JOANN 1560-?
.2 JOHN 1566-1600.....................................................THE MAIN LINE 9796.0
.3 MARGERY c1567-1569
.4 MARGARET 1570-?
.5 LUKE 1576-1590
Roger died 9 Dec 1590 at Constantine, Cornwall, near Falmouth. (8:1) This may not be correct as he was a long way from home, could he have been a sailor? They are both buried at ??.(2:10,11)
Death date is after burial date, I believe both death and burial dates and locations may be wrong!
Joanne Thomas b: 1538 in Totnes, Devon, England
in Of Totnes, Devon, England
- Margaret Chapin b: FEB 1570 in Totnes, Devon, England c: 10 FEB 1570 in Totnes, Devon, England
- John Chapin b: SEP 1566 in Totnes, Devon, England c: 25 SEP 1566 in Totnes, Devon, England
- Luke Chapin b: MAY 1576 in Paignton, Devon, England c: 08 MAY 1576 in Totnes, Devon, England
- Joan Chapin b: JUN 1560 in Totnes, Devon, England c: 30 JUN 1560 in Totnes, Devon, England
- Margery Chapin b: OCT 1568 in Totnes, Devon, England c: 31 OCT 1569 in Totnes, Devon, England
- Title: The Leonards and Related Families; 1993 (revised 2012)