Name: ****Thomas Tilden Sr. 1
Birth: AFT 1541 in Benenden, Weald of Kent, England
Burial: 06 JUN 1617 Wye, Kent, England
Death: BEF 06 JUN 1617 in Wye, Kent, England
Thomas Tilden of Tenterden, the testator of 1616-1617, born probably at Benenden, after 1541, was buried at Wye 06 June 1617. He married first at Tenterden, 10 March 1576/7 Alice Biggs who was buried at Tenterden 13 May 1593; married second 13 November 1593 Ellen Evernden, widow of Rolviden. The date of her death is unknown but Thomas Tilden left a widow Alice probably the mother of his son Freegift.
Between 1604-1614, Thomas Tilden left Tenterden and moved to East Guilford in Sussex, not far across the border from Tenterden as he owned lands there. What reason he had for moving to Wye is not known.
As noted his will was written in the parish of Wye in the County of Kent 14 March 1616/7.
In this will he left his son Nathaniel one piece of Marsh land in the parish of East Guyldeford.
Father: *Richard Tilden b: BET 1510 AND 1520 in Benenden, Weald of Kent, England
10 MAR 1567
in Tenterden, England
- Sara Tilden b: BEF 30 AUG 1579 in Tenterden, England
- Abigail Tilden b: BEF 26 FEB 1582 in Tenterden, England
- ****Nathaniel Tilden b: BEF 28 JUL 1583 in Tenterden, Kent, England
- Joseph Tilden b: BEF 28 NOV 1585 in Tenterden, England
- Hopestill Tilden b: BEF 01 MAY 1588 in Tenterden, England
- Theophilus Tilden b: BEF 11 OCT 1590 in Tenterden, England
- Thomas Tilden Jr. b: BEF 01 MAY 1593 in Tenterden, England
Ellen b: in Rolviden, England
- Freegift Tilden b: BEF 29 MAY 1604 in Tenterden, England
- Title: English Origins of New England Families, Vol. 1, Roberts, Gen. Pub. Co. 1984, p152