Name: Charles Hopton Harper Sr. Esq.
Birth: Dobbs 28 SEP 1790 in Glasgow County, North Carolina
Burial: Harper Cemetery, Greene County, North Carolina
Death: 05 APR 1846 in Greene County, North Carolina
The information about the children of Charles Hopton Harper and Axy Rasber ry Harper is taken from the:
CHARLES HOPTON HARPER and AXY RASBERRY BIBLE
Lenoir Community College
NC Vertical File Harper 08294-4
Kinston, North Carolina
The same was posted to the Greene County, North Carolina Bible Forum by Ca rol Pridgen Martocci 16 February 1999.
Charles H. Harper and Ascher (Axy) Rasberry Bible:
"Notation Inside: When Mary Melvina Suggs died, Charles Hopton Harper marr ied Ascher (Achsah) (Axey) Rasberry.
Their children are in the Bible which belonged to MARY VIRGINIA KILPATRI CK -copy given to me in 1981 (Claude Barnes)
When C. H. Harper died, Axy married George F. Nethercutt.
Charles Hopton Harper son of Francis Harper and Theresa Hopton was married :
1) Mary Sugg, daughter of John Sugg and Martha Aldridge
2) Achsah (Axey) Rasberry, daughter of Jospeh Rasberry and Mary
After Charles death, Axey married George F. Nethercutt (Claude Barnes Ju ne 1981).
Charles H. Harper and Axey his wife were married 18 December AD 1838.
George H. Nethercutt and Achsah his wife was married 23 February 1851.
Delaney Harper and Caroline Virginia Sanders was married January 24, 1860.
Charles H. Harper son of Frances Harper and Theresa Hopton his wife was bo rn September 28 AD 1790.
Axey Harper daughter of Joseph Rasberry and Mary? his wife was born Mar ch 23 AD 1811.
Delany Harper son of Charles H. Harper and Axey his wife was December 0 4, AD 1839.
Victory Harper daughter of Charles H. Harper and Axey Harper his wife w as born 27th of November AD 1840.
Hopton? Harper son of Charles H. Harper and Axey his wife was born 26th d ay of August AD 1843.
Virginia (Saunders) was born the 16th 1844
Negro Noah son of Fortina and Alder his wife was born November 3rd 1856.
Nancy Hopton Harper daughter of Delano and Virginia Harper was born Decemb er the 18th, 1860.
John Bryant Harper son of Delany and Virginia Harper was born November t he 7th 1862.
Luby S. Harper son of Delany and Virginia Harper was born 26th day of Ju ne 1864.
Charles H. Harper departed this life the 5th day of April AD 1846.
Hopton T. Harper departed this life the 9th day of december AD 1849.
John B. Harper departed this life the 14th day of August 1863.
Nancy Saunders departed this life the 26th day of August 1863.
Delany Harper died December 18, 1866.
Virginia Harper wife of Delany Harper died march 14, 1905.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
GENEALOGICAL ABSTRACTS OF GREEN COUNTY, NC DEEDS - 1776 - 1860 - by Willi am Murphy
#56 - 21 Feb 1829 - Zachariah Elliott and wife Mary to Chas H. Harper - $7 00. 250 acres all our interest in the lands of Daniel Howell being 1 /3 of the lands he died siezed and possessed of on the NS Great Contentn ea Creek and both sides of Panther Swamp adj Richard Allen, Hillary Taylo r, Jno Pope decd and Jas Albritton
WIT Geo P. Lovick, J. P. Bent, W. Murphrey
Both signed with mark
#63 - 20 Dec 1830 - Chas H. Harper to Etheldred Pridgeon - $300 - 48 acr es on the SS of Great contentnea Creek and ES Tysons Marsh adj the corn er made between Wood and Pridgeon, Greene Branch, Jesse Wood
WIT Wm. Allen, Jas B. Pridgen
May Term 1831
#65 - 6 Aril 1831 - Jas Harper to Cha H. Harper - $636 - 101 1/2 acres p er a judgement agst the heirs of Jno Pope for payment of debts agst the es tate that plantation called the Taylor Lands on the NS of Contntnea Cre ek and WS of Panther Swamp
WIT Wm William, M. O. Holliday
Signe by Jas Harper, guardian
May Term 1831
WHO WAS HE GUARDIAN FOR? Must have been his parents - mother was daught er of John Pope
#123 - 15 April 1841 Benjamin Reddick to Charles H. Harper - $200 - 32 acr es on NS Contentnea Creek on road leading from Grimsley's Meeting Hou se to Snow Hill being lot 3 in the division of lands of James Reddick a nd alotted to said Benjamin Reddick- also lot 5
Witness: William H. Albritton, H. J. Taylor
Father: **Francis Harper Jr. b: 1762 in Dobbs County, North Carolina
Mother: Theresa Hopton b: in Dobbs County, North Carolina
Ascher (Axey) Rasberry b: 23 MAR 1811 in Greene County, North Carolina
18 DEC 1838
in Greene County, North Carolina
- Delaney Harper b: 04 DEC 1839 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Victory Harper b: 27 NOV 1840 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Hopton F. Harper b: 17 MAR 1842 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Luby Harper b: 26 AUG 1843 in Greene County, North Carolina
Mary Melvina Sugg b: 26 FEB 1794 in Glasglow County, North Carolina
in Greene County, North Carolina
- Nicy Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Martha Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Leora Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Jane Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Mary Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Thomas Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Jack Harper b: AFT 1809 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Francis Harper b: 14 JAN 1811 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Henry Hopton Harper b: 01 JUL 1815 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Richard M. Harper b: 24 MAR 1817 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Teresa M. Harper b: 11 MAR 1819 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Charles Hopton Harper Jr. b: 06 FEB 1824 in Greene County, North Carolina
- John S. Harper b: 1827 in Greene County, North Carolina
- Penelope Harper b: 1832 in Greene County, North Carolina