Name: William F. SIDES
Birth: 25 JUL 1833 in Walker County, Alabama
Burial: Sides Cemetery, Near Pleasant Grove, Walker Co., Alabama
Note: 1 2 3|
Names of William and Serepta's children and who they married from History of Walker County Alabama.
William was enumerated with his parents, William and Cerepta Sides, in Myers' 1850 Walker County, Alabama Census. His age was given as 18 years and born in Alabama. Notes indicated he was married first to a Miss Drwese, second to Martha Kitchens Staggs a daughter of John Kitchens.
In the 1867 Voting Registration Loyalty Oaths, taken 19 July 1867, William F. Sides indicated he was born 25 July 1833 in Walker County, Alabama.
William and Martha Sides are enumerated in the 1870 Post Office Jasper, Township 14, Walker County, Alabama Census. His age is given as 36 years and born in Alabama.
W. F. and Marthy Wood are enumerated in the1880 Beat 1, Township 15, Range 8, Walker County, Alabama Census. His age is given as 46 years and born in Alabama.
William F. and Martha Sides are enumerated in 1900 Jasper Town, Walker County, Alabama Census. His date of birth was given as July 1833, age 66 years, married 32 years and born in Alabama.
Father: William Harrison SIDES b: 1795 in North Carolina
Mother: Serepta 'Betsey' DILL b: 26 FEB 1805 in Tennessee
Martha DRWESE b: 1835
- Henry Coleman SIDES b: OCT 1859 in Alabama
Martha Elizabeth KITCHENS b: 29 NOV 1839 in Alabama
- Lucinda J. SIDES b: ABT 1869 in Alabama
- Emily F. SIDES b: 25 MAR 1874 in Alabama
- S. Etta SIDES b: JUN 1876 in Alabama
- Text: "History of Walker County - Its Towns and Its People". By John Martin Dombhart. Volume V - Annals of Northwest Alabama; Compiled by Carl Elliott, Sr. Originally Published by Cayce Publishing Company, Thornton, Arkansas. Pusblished with minor editing and rearrangement by Northwest Alabama Publishing Co., Jasper, Alabama 35501. The book was first published in the spring of 1937 and has a lot of information on the early settlers of Walker County.
- Text: 1850 CENSUS BY BRUCE MYERS
In the Jasper Library, Walker County, Alabama, there are copies of the 1850, 1860 and 1880 Census of Walker County , Alabama which were complied by Bruce Myers. The 1850 Census has a great deal of personal notes on many of the families and the front page states, "Personal and family notations of Bruce Myers. Interpreted by Wayne E. Wakefield."
It also states,”These interpretations were made, with no proof of accuracy, for genealogy purposes only and are not to be sold.
A copy of this census with Bruce Myers handwritten notations was placed, with his permission, in Special Collections at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.”
- Type: Book
Periodical: 1867 Voting Registration, Loyalty Oaths, Individual Pardon Applications for Walker County, Alabama
Author: Compiled by Carolyn M. Rowe, 5745 Talquin Ave., Pensacola, FL 32526-1556
Publication: The Gregath Publishing Company