Name: Sarah H. (LAWSON)
Birth: 23 AUG 1792 in South Carolina
Death: 14 JUN 1885 in Walker County, Alabama
Burial: Files Cemetery, West Of Townley, Walker Co., Alabama
In the 1840 Census a female is listed as living in John Lawson's household and her age is between 40-50 years.
In the 1850 Census the last name is spelled Losson and her age is given as 59 years and born in South Carolina.
John and Sarah Losson are enumerated in the 1860 Western Division, Post Office Jasper, Walker County, Alabama Census Her age is given as 67 years and born in South Carolina.
In the 1870 Census Sarah's age is given as 69 years and born in Georgia.
John and Sarah Losson are enumerated in the 1880 Beat 7, Township 14, Range 9, Walker County, Alabama Census. Her age was given as 88 years and born in Virginia.
In the Files Cemetery, about one mile west of Beech Grove Freewill Baptist Church just off state highway 102 traveling west from Townley in Walker County, there is a grave next to John Lawson, of a Sarah Lawson, which states, "Sarah wife of John Lawson died 14 June 1885 -- age 92 years, 9 months and 22 days." If this is correct, then her birth date would be about 23 August 1792 and I believe she was born in South Carolina.
Father: BALL OR HITT b: in South Carolina
Mother: Caty (BALL OR HITT) b: ABT 1770 in South Carolina
John LAWSON b: 1780 or 1787 in North Carolina
ABT 26 NOV 1816
in Mississippi Territory (Alabama)
- Nancy Ball LAWSON b: 3 APR 1816 in St. Clair County, Alabama
- Vinyard LAWSON b: ABT 1819 in Alabama
- Jesse LAWSON b: ABT 1822 in Alabama
- Un-Named Boy LAWSON b: 1825/1826 in Alabama
- Daniel John LAWSON b: ABT 1826 in Alabama
- Un-Named Girl LAWSON b: 1830/1834 in Alabama
- Patmon LAWSON b: ABT 1832 in Walker County, Alabama
- Mahala Martha Parthenia LAWSON b: 24 APR 1833 in Walker County, Alabama
- William James LAWSON b: ABT 1836 in Alabama