WILLIAM TEALL was engaged to enter the Jamaica field on the 30th November, 1843, and sailed in January, 1844, reaching Annotta Bay, with Mr. Samuel Jones, March 15th.
Mr. Teall began his labours in the Mission at Port Maria, Oroeabessa, and Mount Angus, in connection with Mr. Day. He married Miss Eastoe, a sister of Mrs. Day, on December 23rd, 1845, having become the pastor of the Mount Angus Church shortly before. He remained at this station for seven years and a half, and formed an out-station at Wallingford, six miles from Mount Angus, building a small chapel there.
In 1853 Mr. Teall removed to Hanover, to take charge of the Lucen and Green Island Churches. He also became the pastor of the Fletcher's Grove Church on the 23rd of March, 1855. His health failing, he left for England in June, 1859, with Mrs. Teall and five children. In 1860 he returned, and reached Lucea August 29th.
Mr. Teall went again to England in 1864, to raise a fund for educational purposes in Jamaica, and returned in 1865 .
Mr. Teall, at the request of his brethren, and with the cordial concurrence of the Society in England, has since commenced the new and important Mission in the Morant Bay district, which is being prosecuted hopefully. Shortly after his entering on this Mission he was called to suffer the loss of his wife, who died at Morant Bay, January 3rd, 1867, her infant child following her to the grave in a few days.
Extracted from page 197 of "Memorials of Baptist Missionaries in Jamaica, including a sketch of the labours of early religious instructors in Jamaica. By Johne Clarke. Published by Yates & Alexander, London, 1869.