Name: Robert Payne Richardson 1
Reference Number: 37871
See the other Robert Payne Richardson entry in this database.
Dr. Josiah Asbury Stanfield and wife Agnes Ware (Sergeant) had three tobacco factories behind his house. Called Connally place after Stanfield moved to the "Brickhouse" in Providence (into home built by James Richardson and Ann Payne (Ware)). When widowed she married Steven Sergeant; they had two daughters, Margaret Delphy and Agnes Ware. Margaret inherited the "Brickhouse" from her father, but Dr. Stanfield purchased it from her. Tobacco factory was built in Reidsvile by Robert Payne Richardson, the Sergeant girls half brother. "Old North State Tobacco" connected to Reynolds tobacco through Sloan marriage. Sister Margaret Delphy married James Kerr Lea, and was largest tobacco producer in Yancyville. The world's "Snuff" was produced in this area. The Methodist "Duke" and "Baptist" are still competing. Source: Betty Fitzgerald November 2011 Post to Caswell County Historical Association Facebook Page.
Father: James Richardson b: in Halifax County, Virginia
Mother: Ann Payne Ware b: 20 AUG 1792 in Cascades, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
Mary Watlington b: 05 FEB 1827
07 JAN 1851
in Rockingham County, North Carolina
- James W. Richardson b: 1853 in Rockingham County, North Carolina
- Robert Payne Richardson Jr. b: 27 MAR 1855 in Rockingham County, North Carolina
- Anna J. Richardson b: ABT 1859
- Edmund E. Richardson b: 31 JAN 1861 in Rockingham County, North Carolina
- Marion Scott Richardson b: 1864 in Rockingham County, North Carolina
- Mary Elizabeth Richardson b: 20 JUL 1845 in North Carolina
- Details: County of Christian, Kentucky; Historical and Biographical. Edited by William Henry Perrin. F. A. Battey Publishing Co., Chicago and Louisville, 1884