Name: Nancy Lea 1 2 3
Reference Number: 29323
Birth: ABT 1792 in Person County, North Carolina 4
Some background: Alanson Lea's parents were Vincent Lea and Nancy Bradsher who married March 20, 1805. Alanson was born June 11, 1806. Nancy Bradsher Lea died September 5, 1824. October 25, 1825, Vincent married Nancy Lea, daughter of Carter Lea I and Patsy Hubbard McNeill Lea.
In Patsy's will made June 11, 1831, after her husband's death, she mentions her son Carer Lea II, grandsons Leallen and James H. Lea and eight granddaughters, Phebe A. Daniel, Rachel Daniel, Martha Daniel, Nancy Love, Martha Day, Mary Day, Mary Lea, my grandmother, and Martha Lea.
Source: The Heritage of Person County, Volume I, Madeline Hall Eaker, Editor (1981) at 290 (Article #596 "James H. and Jenett Lea" by Miss Bessie Mary Bradsher).
Father: Carter Lea b: ABT 1756 in Orange County, North Carolina
Mother: Patsy Hubbard McNeil b: ABT 1763
20 MAR 1825
in Person County, North Carolina 1
- George Washington Lea b: ABT 1826 in Person County, North Carolina
- LeAllen Lea b: ABT 1829 in Person County, North Carolina
- James H. Lea b: ABT 1832 in Person County, North Carolina
Richard Lea b: ABT 1786 in North Carolina
24 JUN 1809
in Person County, North Carolina 4 3
Marriage Bond Record
Groom: Richard Lea
Bride: Nancy Lea
Bond Date: 24 June 1809
Bondsman: Richard Lea
Witness: J. Campbell
Location: Person County, North Carolina
Source: Person County North Carolina Marriage Records 1792-1868, Katharine Kerr Kendall (1983) at 50.
- Aurella Lea
- Ira Lea
- Details: William (Cobb's Creek) Lea Research by Betty Fitzgerald (July 2008)
- Details: The Heritage of Person County, Volume I, Madeline Hall Eaker, Editor (1981) at 289-290 (Article #594, "Carter Lea, Sr." by Bessie M. Bradsher)
- Details: Person County North Carolina Marriage Records 1792-1868, Katharine Kerr Kendall (1983) at 49-50.
- Details: Kathy's Kin RootsWeb Database