Name: George BUTTERFIELD
Change Date: 29 JUN 2009
Census: 1881 Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England
This is earliest Butterfield ancestor traced so far. It is not known when or where George was born.
Birth: 15 APR 1799 in Finningley, Nottinghamshire, England 1
Death: 1881 1
Census: 1851 Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England 2
We do know that George married Mary Jacks on November 26, 1822 in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire. Mattersey is a small town in north-western Nottinghamshire near the county border with Yorkshire. This was found inthe LDS records. (Batch M060481 Source Call No. 504522). In the church records from Mattersey there do not seem to be any earlier Butterfields, so it is assumed that George came from somewhere else.
LDS records also show that George and Mary had several children in Mattersey or nearby Everton from 1823 to 1832 including William. William later came to Manitoba with his children.
It is not known when George died.
Father: George BUTTERFIELD
Elizabeth Mary JACKS c: 23 JAN 1800 in Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
26 NOV 1822
in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England
- John BUTTERFIELD b: OCT 1823 in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England c: 23 OCT 1823 in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England
- Sarah BUTTERFIELD b: FEB 1826 in Nottinghamshire, England c: 25 FEB 1826 in Everton, Notthingham, England
- William Henry BUTTERFIELD I b: 18 MAR 1831 in Mattersey Everton, Nottinghamshire, England
- George BUTTERFIELD b: APR 1832 in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England c: 11 APR 1832 in Mattersey, Nottinghamshire, England
- Ann BUTTERFIELD b: ABT 1835 in NTT Mattersea, England
- Hannah BUTTERFIELD b: ABT 1846 in NTT Mattersea, England
- Title: 1881 British Census
Abbrev: 1881 British Census
Copy of Household record on file
- Title: 1851 England Census
Abbrev: 1851 England Census