Name: James MORFORD
Given Name: James
Change Date: 22 JUN 2008 1
Birth: 17 JUL 1793 in Cranbury, Middlesex County, New Jersey, USA
Death: 12 JUL 1870 in North Henderson, Mercer County, Illinois, USA|
Father: John MORFORD b: 18 MAY 1758 in Cranbury, Middlesex County, New Jersey, USA
Mother: Mary Ann COX b: 31 OCT 1757 in Cream Ridge, Monmouth County, New Jersey, USA
Martha TITUS b: 7 JUN 1797 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA
SOURCE: "A Titus Genealogy - the Direct Line of Decent of Titus Syrachs DeVries", Compiled by: Clarence Edwin Titus, Junior, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1979.
The will of Aunt Martha Slack bequeaths Martha daughter of Archibald 10 pounds which her father must put on interest for her till she becomes 18.
In her fathers' will, dated 16 Jun 1834, Archibald calls her Patsy Morford.
SOURCE: Curtis R. Morford, "History of the Morford Family", July 1,1892, Shenango Valley News Print, Greenville, PA., LDS Microfilm #982376, I also have a copy of the history. RBP
Pg. 14, birthdate, marriage death date
1810 James was living at home with his parents in Mercer County.
James served in the War of 1812 with the 135th Reg. as a Pvt & served with his father-in-law Archibald Titus.
1820 Mercer County Pennsylvania Census, (Ancestry, Image 3) M3 Roll107, Shenango TWP, Pg. 193, James Morford 26-45, 2 males under 10, 1 female 16-26, 1 female under 10.
1830 Mercer County Pennsylvania Census,(Ancestry, Image 7) M19 Roll 149, Shenango TWP. Pg. 152 James Morford 40-50, 1 male 10-15, 2 males 15-20, 1 female 30-40, 1 female under 5, 1 female 5-10, and 1 female 10-15. (Living next to Archibald Titus, Martha's father)
Hickory twp was formed in 1833 from Shenango & Pymatuning Twps.
1840 James is not listed.
1850 Mercer County Pennsylvania Census, M432-796, Pg. 81 Family 229, Hickory Twp, James 55, Martha 51, James C. 19, Mary 14, Jerome 7 and Mary Flowers age 6 b. Ohio.
1860 Mercer County Illinois Census (Ancestry, Image 7), M653-211, North Henderson Twp, Pg.649 1 June, Dwelling 42, Family 42, James Morford 67, Farmer, Real Estate $2500, Personal Property $1000, b. NJ, Martha 63 & Jerome 19 (Both b. PA).
1870 Mercer County Illinois Census, M593-260, Green Twp, P.O. Viola, Pg. 191, Family 70, James age 77 and Martha age 74 are living with their son James C. and family. (1870 Mercer Co. Census is very faded & only Viola & North Henderson were very readable.)
1880 Mercer County Illinois Federal Census (Ancestry, Image 9), North Henderson, Dist. 181, 8 June, pg. 383, Dwelling 78, Family 78, John T. Morford, 62, Farmer (PA,NJ,NJ), Esther, wife, 60, Byron, son 29, Martha, 83, mother (All b. PA,NJ,NJ), Harvey Wood, 14, Servant b. IL,OH,OH)
28 SEP 1815
in Sharon, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Nancy MORFORD b: 9 JAN 1817 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- John Titus MORFORD b: 27 FEB 1818 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Hiram J. MORFORD b: 10 DEC 1819 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Lucy MORFORD b: 10 MAY 1822 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Abner Tunis MORFORD b: 8 MAY 1825 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Susannah C. MORFORD b: 5 APR 1827 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- James C. 'Cyrus' MORFORD b: 22 SEP 1831 in Shenango, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Martha 'Mary' MORFORD b: 18 JUN 1837 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Jerome Jefferson MORFORD b: 13 JUN 1841 in West Salem, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Abbrev: GEDCOM file imported on 5 May 2003.
Title: GEDCOM file imported on 5 May 2003.
ABBR Imported GEDCOM file