Name: Frances MCVEY
Given Name: Frances
Change Date: 17 NOV 2015
Fanny had red hair. She suffered with stomach trouble and lived on bread and tea for years.
Birth: ABT 1838 in County Antrim, Ireland
Census: 1861 Calton Parish, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Note: She was working as a cotton power loom weaver.
Census: JUN 1870 Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
Census: JUN 1880 Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
Census: JUN 1900 Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
Death: of of malignant disease of liver due to jaundice (probably cancer) 9 JUL 1902 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
Event: the Pittsburgh Press
Obituary 10 JUL 1902
Note: Her obituary was requested to be published in Philadelphia papers, suggesting she had family or friends there.
Burial: 12 JUL 1902 Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
ADDR: Calvary Cemetery
McVEY, McVEIGH and McVEAGH are variations of the Irish surname Mac an Bheatha. Bheatha is the possessive form of the Irish word for "life". MacBeth is the Scottish version though there is no indication of any direct link between the 2 Celtic family groups.
Father: Patrick MCVEY b: ABT 1811 in County Antrim, Ireland
Mother: Ann JOLLY b: ABT 1814 in County Antrim, Ireland
Michael J. KELLY b: ABT 1827 in Ireland
7 AUG 1863
in Bridgeton, Glasgow, Scotland
- Note: Their witnesses were John Blaney and Catherine McVey. Michael was listed as a railroad laborer and was living at 74 Stevenson Street in Glasgow. Fanny was a factory worker and living with her family at 54 Bell Street in Glasgow.
- John Michael KELLY b: 9 SEP 1865 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
- Mary Frances KELLY b: 5 APR 1868 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
- Catherine T. KELLY b: 4 FEB 1871 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
- Henry Stephen KELLY b: 8 AUG 1872 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
- Daniel A. KELLY b: 4 DEC 1873 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA
- Charles Alfred KELLY b: 12 DEC 1875 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA