Name: Edward Seeley FONDA
Given Name: Edward Seeley
Birth: 03 NOV 1894 in Aberdeen, Brown Co., SD
Death: 25 JAN 1982
Age: 87y 2m 22d in Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co., CA
Burial: Santa Rosa Memorial Park, Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co., CA
b. Aberdeen, Brown Co., SD; 1910 US Federal Census, McRae, White Co., AR; 1920 US Federal Census, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co., MN; 1930 US Federal Census, Hector, Renville Co., MN; 1940 US Federal Census, New Ulm, Brown Co., MN (Edward S Fonda, b. 1895, SD, Head); 1968 Santa Rosa CA City Directory (Fonda, Edw S (C Louise) Retd); SSDI issued MN, d. Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co., CA; bur. Santa Rosa Memorial Park, Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co., CA; o. USAF Lt-Col WWI & II & Korea; [South Dakota Birth Index - Edward Seeley Fonda; Birth Date: 3 Nov 1894; Birth Place: Brown, SD; Father: Charles Thorpe Fonda; Mother: Annie Gertrude Brown] >> www.fonda.org <<
[Military History from wmmybtlr on 19 Feb 2009 to Ancestry.com - Headquarters - the Armored Center - Fort Knox, Kentucky - General Orders) - Number 132) - 29 October 1953 - Retirement of Lieutenant Colonel Edward S. Fonda
1. Announcement is made of the retirement of Lieutenant Colonel Edward S. Fonda, O 128 058, Ordnance Corps, 2128th Area Service Unit, Station Complement, effective 31 October 1953, after more than 23 years of active Federal Service.
2. Lieutenant Colonel Fonda began his military career by enlisting as a private on 1 December 1913. He received his commission as a Second Lieutenant 27 November 1917 and served continuously until 20 September 1919. He was called to active duty again on 1 November 1941 and has served continuous since that date. His many and varied assignments in the United States and overseas include service as Headquarters Commandant, Base Section 2, FECOM Battalion Commander, 12th Ordnance Service Battalion, FECOM; Commanding Officer, Sioux Ordnance Depot; Division Maintenance Officer, 7th Division; Ordnance Staff Officer, Headquarters, Southwestern Command; Post Ordnance Officer, Indiantown Gap Military Reservation. He joined the 2128th Area Service Unit, Station Complement, at Fort Knox, Kentucky, in August 1953.
3. Lieutenant Colonel Fonda is a graduate of the Quartermaster School, Automotive Course. He has received the following decorations and service medals: Mexican Border Service Medal, Mexican Service Medal, World War I Victory Medal, World War II Victory Medal, American Defense Service Medal, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, Army of Occupation Medal, Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Korean Service Medal, Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Philippine Liberation Medal, United Nations Service Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, National Defense Service Medal
4. Lieutenant Colonel Fonda's career has been one of devoted and meritorious service to his country both in peace and war. He has been an example to those who served under his guidance and an important support to the many commands in which he served. All members of this command extend to Lieutenant Colonel Fonda their best wishes for the future.
By Command of Major General Collier: John L. Ryan, Jr. - Colonel, GS - Chief of Staff
Official: Julian A. Wilson - Colonel, AGC - Adjutant General]
Father: Charles Thorp FONDA b: 1846 in Pennfield, Calhoun Co., MI
Mother: Anna Gertrude BROWN b: 23 NOV 1857 in Michigan
Charity Louise ELLSWORTH b: 19 AUG 1899 in Iowa
- Charles Thorp FONDA b: 29 AUG 1926 in Hennepin Co., MN
- Living FONDA
- Living FONDA