Name: John Fenn
Death: 1787 in Warren County North Carolina
American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
about John Fenn
Name: John Fenn
Birth Date: 1740
Page Number: 303
Reference: Historical reg. Of Virginians in the Rev., soldiers, saliors and marines, 1775-1783. Ed. By John H. Gwathmey. Richmond, Va. 1938. (13, 872p.):268
I have been concerned about the accuracy of part of his info all along. I do believe that John was born about 1730-35 and was married at least once before he married Elizabeth. Do you have her maiden name? I have thought it might be Dickerson.
I have the following children born to John by an earlier wife/wives:
1. John Fann died in Warren Co, NC in 1787
2. Jesse Fann/Finn m. Fanny Stroud in Tyron Co, NC in 1774. Some say they moved to TN
3 William Fan is listed in a summary of the estate settlement of John Fann.
4. Nancy Fann lived near Mark Fann on the 1800 Orange Co, NC census.
5. Malcoth/Mark/Macky Fan is named in John's will. Only "elder child" named. He moved to TN.
6. Daughter (name unknown) m. William Read and is named in Elizabeth's estate settlement.
7. Daughter (name unknown) m. William Tucker and is named in Elizabeth's estate.
8. Judith/Judah Fann m. John Walker (may be Elizabeth's daughter)
CHILDREN OF JOHN ELIZABETH
1. Elijah Fan named as youngest in John's will
2. Wily (Willoughby? William?) named as youngest
3. Rawley Fan named as youngest
4. Rebekah Fan named as youngest. m. John Pendergrass in 1800 in Orange Co
5. Patsey Fan named as youngest. May have married William Read or william Tucker listed above.
6. Tabitha Fan named as youngest m. William Pendergrass in 1805 in Orange Co
7. Anne Fan named as youngest. m. James Winfree
8. Elizabeth "Betsey" Fan named as youngest. m. Andy Aivey
9. Caleb Fan and Elizabeth Fann sold slaves to William Moore in 1842 in Polk Co, TN
How does this compare to your records?
Mother: Judith Fenn
- Tabitha Fenn
- Malcoth Fenn b: in nC
- Elijah Fenn
- Judah Fenn
- William Fenn b: ABT 1760