Name: Benjamin ABBOTT
Death: 1816 in Rowan Co.,NC
BIOGRAPHY: Husband: BENJAMIN ABBOTT
Change Date: 9 JAN 2003 at 02:11:50
source: Rowan Co deed abstracts.
17 Dec1784. (10:159) John Brevard, sheriff, to Benjamin Abbott, in execution againstDaniel Hackett on L42 debt owed Wm Brandon, for L 110.2 as highest bidder, 586acres on the east side of Swearing Creek adj Rd Lane, Joshua Barton and McCulloh's line, granted by Granville 22 Feb 1759.
25 Mar 1785. (10:453) State grant #94 for L 43.9 specie. To Benjamin Abbott, 343 acres on Abbotts Creek adj Samuel Parks, sold as confiscated property of H.E. McCulloh.
[Other confiscated property of H.E. McCulloh, being land on Abbotts Creek, was sold to John Lewis Beard in 1785.]
Abbotts Creek runs roughly N-S, east of Winston-Salem. Near Lexington and High Rock Lake.
source: Rowan Co will of Benjamin Abbott probated1816 names sons Joseph, William and Starlin.
Mary HUDGENS b: Abt 1764
16 MAR 1781
in Rowan Co.,NC
- Note: _STATMARRIED
- Sterling H. ABBOTT b: 1792/1795 in Salisbury,Rowan Co.,NC
- Joseph ABBOTT b: 1783/1788 in Rowan Co.,NC
- Lucy ABBOTT b: 1784/1794 in Rowan Co.,NC
- William ABBOTT b: 1786/1790
- Sarah ABBOTT b: 1787/1796 in Rowan Co.,NC
- Mary ABBOTT b: 1792/1798 in Rowan Co.,NC