Name: Thomas WALLING
Birth: 22 OCT 1662 in Providence Plantation (R.I.)
Death: 1724 in Salem Co,N.J.
Thomas Walling 2 gave his oath of allegiance to the King in May of
Change Date: 11 JAN 2002 at 14:01:28
1682. In 1687 Thomas was on the Tax and Ratable Estate List for
Providence. After Thomas Walling's marriage to Sarah Elwell in 1695, the couple moved to Piles Grove in Salem County, New Jersey, along with Sarah's parents. Thomas Elwell, Sarah's father, left 15 acres of land to Thomas Walling in his will.
Thomas Walling was listed as Overseer for the Poor for the Piles Grove Precinct in 1707. He was on the Colonial Muster Roll for the north side of Cohansey, New Jersey in 1715.
Both Thomas and Sarah Walling died in 1724 in Salem County, New Jersey. Thomas' will was dated May 19, 1724 and proven on October 22, 1724 in Salem County, New Jersey. All his children are listed including "my undutiful son, William". This William may have been the first Wallen relation to settle in what is now East Tennessee, for all records of him are lost after 1750 and a notation is found in court records that William "moved to Carolina".
Executors of Thomas Walling 2's estate were his sons Thomas 3 and James. The inventory of Thomas' personal estate amounted to a little over 108 British pounds. Thomas Walling 2 was a carpenter.
Father: THOMAS WALLING b: Abt 1627 in Plymouth Colony,Massachusetts
Mother: MARY ABBOTT b: 13 DEC 1629 in Providence Plantation (R.I.)
SARAH ELWELL b: 24 AUG 1676 in Gloucester,MA.
20 MAY 1695
in Providence Plantation (R.I.)
- Abigail WALLING b: 5 MAR 1697/1698
- Thomas WALLING b: 8 FEB 1698/1699
- John WALLING b: 20 JUN 1700
- William WALLING b: 21 NOV 1701
- Mary WALLING b: 8 SEP 1703
- James WALLING b: 2 APR 1705 in Salem Co,NJ
- Samuel WALLING b: 14 MAR 1706/1707 in Salem Co,NJ
- ELISHA WALLING b: 26 JUL 1708 in Salem County,NJ
- Joseph WALLING b: 3 APR 1709 in Salem Co,NJ
- Deborah WALLING b: Abt 1710
- Benjamin WALLING b: 1711 in Salem Co,NJ
- Rebecca WALLING b: 22 JAN 1716/1717 in Salem Co,NJ