Name: Clarinda YOUNG
Given Name: Clarinda
Birth: 25 Oct 1836 in , Morgan Co., OH.
Death: 2 Apr 1909
Burial: ((SEENOTES)) Adams, Highland Cemetery, Gage Co., NE.
Twin of Melinda (Aunt Lin, who died in 1896); brother of Nate; several other
Change Date: 20 Aug 1998 at 00:00:00
brothers and sisters. Grew up in Mushingum County, Ohio. Worked as a "hired
girl" (so called by her daughter, Ruth Bryson) between 1853-1855 for 50 cents a week. She married Silas Bryson in 1855 and probably resided in Morgan County, Ohio at the time. A sister, Sarah Jane Menoher, the mother of General Charles Menoher (World War I), was a survivor of the Johnstown Pennsylvania flood. She crawled out the chimney with her seven children and floated miles downstream to a burning bridge, saving all her Children. Buried with Silas Bryson in a cemetery one-half mile west of Adams, Neb.
Burial: Highland Cemetery, Adams, Neb.
Silas BRYSON b: 20 Jun 1835 in Ames Twp., Athens Co., OH.
29 Mar 1855
in Amesville, Athens County, Ohio
- Lucretia BRYSON b: 5 Feb 1856 in , Gage Co., NE.
- Douglas Bertram BRYSON b: 7 May 1857 in Homer Twp., Morgan Co., OH.
- William E. BRYSON b: 16 Sep 1858 in , Morgan Co., OH.
- Melinda Abigail BRYSON b: 19 Jun 1860 in , , , OH. or NE.
- Rachael Linn (Linnie) BRYSON b: 21 Sep 1861 in , , , OH. or NE.
- Sarah Ann BRYSON b: 20 May 1863 in Sterling, Johnson Co., NE.
- Margaret Jane "Jennie" BRYSON b: 24 Aug 1864 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.
- Mary C. "Mollie" BRYSON b: 25 Jun 1866 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.
- Silas Young BRYSON b: 26 Oct 1867 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.
- John A. BRYSON b: 12 May 1869
- Martha Viola ("Ola") BRYSON b: 21 Oct 1870 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.
- David Finley BRYSON b: 1 Jul 1872 in Beatrice, Gage Co., NE.
- Emma Gertrude BRYSON b: 22 Feb 1874
- George Nathan BRYSON b: 6 Jan 1877 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.
- Ruth Velma BRYSON b: 10 Sep 1883 in Adams, Gage Co., NE.