Name: John Charles BURNS
Given Name: John Charles
Birth: 1828 in Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Death: 8 JAN 1886 in Painswick,Vic,Australia of Enteric Fever, Haemoptysis
Burial: 10 JAN 1886 Dunolly Cemetary,Vic,Australia
Religion: Roman Catholic
See note for Mary Cummisford. Luggage on his person - 3 trunks and 1 carry bag.
Change Date: 9 JUL 2000 at 00:00:00
Passenger No. 78.
The Origin of BURNS
The very first record of the family name BURNS was found in Cumberland , which is located in the English and Scotttish Border Ridings. The BURNS family traces their ancestral roots back to Strathclyde Briton origin before the year 1100. From here they branched and migrated, gaining prosperity as a notable family of the English and Scotttish Border Ridings and later other countries.
Components of the burns Family Name Coat of Arms
The Shield is: Silver on a chevron between two spur rowels and a hunting horn in base, three fleur de lis. The Crest is: A hand holding a hunting horn. The motto is: "Ever Ready"
Mary CUMMISFORD b: 1827 in Dublin,Ireland
27 JUN 1853
in St Francis' Roman Catholic Church,Melbourne,Vic,Australia
- John Cummisford BURNS b: 1855 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia
- Thomas Goldfield BURNS b: 1857 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia
- James Napoleon BURNS b: 1859 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia
- Edward Frances BURNS b: 1861 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia
- Mary Ellen BURNS b: 1863 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia
- Albert Edward BURNS b: 1865 in Dunolly,Vic,Australia